New Anime Releases - 01/11/2015

Fate Kaleid has been bought and will hopefully have been delivered yesterday. No idea what the show is about but I pretty much just buy Anime Limited titles because they're AL titles.

Didn't really like either show streaming so I'm sitting out for this week again. The Illya set is pretty but it seems that I'm not a Fate person.

R

I'll pass on Fate/Kaleid, as much as I like the main Fate stuff, this looks like everything I hate about anime lol. Is Flowers of Evil DVD only? I may have picked up a BD at some point but pass if DVD only.

Guess these weeks of nothing will help in the run up to the end of Nov, start of Dec as there's a few things I want around then.....and Christmas of course.

Fate/Kaleid onto my "to buy" list as the cover looks interesting

And on the same basis Flowers of Evil doesn't go onto the list as the cover doesn't make it seem like I show I would probably like

I'm glad that your interested in watching it, I look forward to hearing your impressions one day. I think it's fair to say that Flowers of Evil is a very decisive series with both sides equally passionate about their stance but to be blunt, I don't think that I could find a bad bone it its body. The show won me over completely and a lot of the show represents what I like to see more of and what I find lacking in other anime series.

The music and audio is incredible. I often became entranced by the audio and almost like a lucid dream, I'd find myself getting sucked into the world forgetting that I'm in fact watching a show. The visuals look both beautiful and ugly all at the same time in a way that mimics the real world and I found it completely refreshing to look at. Flowers of Evil is a show that doesn't hold back for its audience and not once does it sugar coat its intentions. The show makes no assumptions about the viewer and it cares not if you can keep up. The show will at times meander but at a drop of a hat and at the click of a finger it will run along full steam ahead without telegraphing its trajectory beforehand. It leaves you at the whim of the director as he pulls you deeper into the rabbit hole. Many may find this to be lacking and boring, but on the contrary, this makes for an exhilarating ride as you run headfirst blindly into the unknown. It's visceral, disorientating and surreal. Man...what a fantastic series.

I don't mind watching the main Fate series, but I don't like it sufficiently to have any interest in a spin-off.

As for FoE, I'm intrigued by it's 'marmite' reputation so I'll give it a try at some point. Probably not this year though, as most of my money is taken up by other preorders.

Back