New ADV licenses released through Sentai Filmworks

Cloud Strife

Vampire Ninja
Quote from Animenewsnetwork
Sentai Filmworks, the licensing firm associated with ADV Films, has informed retailers that it will be releasing the following DVDs in October:

* Clannad After Story Collection 1 (of 2)
* He is my Master Complete Collection
* Ghost Hound Collection 1 (of 2)
* A Little Snow Fairy Sugar Collection 1 (of 2)
* Popotan Complete Collections

Im definately looking forward to Clannad - After Story and certainly He Is My Master too (i quite liked the animation for that series)

I dont know too much about the other 3. Hopefully we can see some of them released in the UK... (i can only wish though!)

I'll buy He Is My Master just to be a mindless Gainax completist but the rest doesn't really interest me. Still, it's the first thing I'm going to be buying from ADV/Sentai in a very, very long time.

R

Zin5ki said:
I see the sub-only format didn't take the wind from Clannad's sails. They've gone and licensed the sequel.
It won't stop the wailing and foot stamping from the usual quarters about the lack of a dub.

I might buy Ghost Hound. It's good that ADV are alive and licensing new stuff, anyway. FotNS side story in September \o/

Rui said:
I'll buy He Is My Master just to be a mindless Gainax completist but the rest doesn't really interest me. Still, it's the first thing I'm going to be buying from ADV/Sentai in a very, very long time.

R

But He Is My Master looks like a really really dreadful fanservice show. And it's not even the good kind of fanservice (i.e. it's orientated to straight men. And I'm pretty sure you're not a straight man?).

Nothing there interests me very much, tbh.

CitizenGeek said:
Rui said:

R

But He Is My Master looks like a really really dreadful fanservice show. And it's not even the good kind of fanservice (i.e. it's orientated to straight men. And I'm pretty sure you're not a straight man?).

Key word there
once I heard the word gainax I'm so in

CitizenGeek said:

It might cure me of this terrible habit of buying terrible Gainax shows for no reason other than that they are Gainax (and have one of my favourite voice actresses involved). I'm sort of curious about what they do with the strange crocodile thing - my husband bought one volume of the manga then gave up out of boredom, but that was enough to see the croc. I heard that it was the whole series in one ~$25 drop. If it was singles or cost much more than that I'd probably not bother.

R

HiMM I will be all over, miiiiight double dip on Ghost Hound, depends on how nice the sets are.

Everyone should be buying Ghost Hound, btw, imo.

Ghost Hound looks like the most stylistically interesting show there. I remember seeing a few clips a while back and being impressed.

The others however just look pretty poor or at least not to my tastes and I shudder to think what He is My Master is about.

* Clannad After Story Collection 1 (of 2)
* He is my Master Complete Collection
* Ghost Hound Collection 1 (of 2)

Are most likely for me out of the list. I may wait for a price drop on He Is My Master though. I read the manga which I was okay with for the first few but it went down hill trying to repeat the same stuff too often.

Back