Netflix Adds Fate/stay night (2006), Sword Art Online the Movie -Ordinal Scale- & More!

The only problem with Ordinal Scale now being on Netflix is the inner debate of do I watch it for a second time now or wait until I get my copy of the BD?

My inner turmoil aside, really happy to see it turn up on a streaming platform before the BD release. Good job Anime Limited! Also definitely going to give the Tokyo Ghoul OVAs a watch before Re: begins, get myself back into that universe. ^^

The only problem with Ordinal Scale now being on Netflix is the inner debate of do I watch it for a second time now or wait until I get my copy of the BD?

My inner turmoil aside, really happy to see it turn up on a streaming platform before the BD release. Good job Anime Limited! Also definitely going to give the Tokyo Ghoul OVAs a watch before Re: begins, get myself back into that universe. ^^
They're worth it, both OVAs are great adaptations.

My problem with Ordinal Scale is that I started watching SAO with the dub, and now that's how I identify the characters (speaking English). If I'd've started the sereies by watching the sub it wouldn't be an issue. Ordinal Scale is in sub only on Netflix so that'll no doubt push me towards getting the BD.

Also definitely going to give the Tokyo Ghoul OVAs a watch before Re: begins, get myself back into that universe. ^^

probably going to need to read the whole manga if you want to understand :re since this series is very likely going to be more canon and with a different team than before

probably going to need to read the whole manga if you want to understand :re since this series is very likely going to be more canon and with a different team than before
Based on what The announcements in the latest chapters have been saying this is indeed the case. Root A only viewers are going to find certain plot points very confusing. Just hoping the arcs aren't rushed.

Just watched Ordinal Scale, not bad. I wonder why MAL have it as a prequel to SAO season 2 when characters from that season are in it including Yuuki in spirit form and thus already dead!

Based on what The announcements in the latest chapters have been saying this is indeed the case. Root A only viewers are going to find certain plot points very confusing. Just hoping the arcs aren't rushed.

I've read all of the original Tokyo Ghoul manga, but I found the end getting so silly that I never bothered buying Re:. Presumably having read all of the first series is going to be enough though?

I've read all of the original Tokyo Ghoul manga, but I found the end getting so silly that I never bothered buying Re:. Presumably having read all of the first series is going to be enough though?
Yeah if you've read all of the manga then watching Re shouldn't be a problem. For what it's worth, I think Re is a lot better than the original, and has a better narrative. I also initially didn't like how TG ended either.

Just watched Ordinal Scale, not bad. I wonder why MAL have it as a prequel to SAO season 2 when characters from that season are in it including Yuuki in spirit form and thus already dead!

That definitely doesn't make sense given the end of the movie is foreshadowing for the next season of SAO, which definitely takes place after SAO II. MAL are just silly.

Yeah if you've read all of the manga then watching Re shouldn't be a problem. For what it's worth, I think Re is a lot better than the original, though I've come to enjoy TG as well.

Cool, that works for me then! I'm more likely to read Re: after watching the anime if I enjoy it, as that's how I got into Tokyo Ghoul originally anyway. :)

That definitely doesn't make sense given the end of the movie is foreshadowing for the next season of SAO, which definitely takes place after SAO II. MAL are just silly.

Cool, that works for me then! I'm more likely to read Re: after watching the anime if I enjoy it, as that's how I got into Tokyo Ghoul originally anyway. :)
I hope that the anime does get people to buy the volumes (though they are taking ages to release them in English) and that you enjoy it!

I've always avoided the anime for Tokyo Ghoul because I was planning on reading the manga instead. Is it worth just watching the anime?

I've always avoided the anime for Tokyo Ghoul because I was planning on reading the manga instead. Is it worth just watching the anime?
Read the manga before you watch the anime ideally, as the anime skips a lot of character development, story and it's second season isn't canon (it's an alternative ending for the story)

Back