Neo Magazine Issue #4 out now

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
The latest issue of Neo magazine (fourth edition) is out today and this month's magazine is their biggest yet ("Now 100 pages of pop culture action").

The cover image features Ed Elric from the upcoming Full Metal Alchemist anime series (with a May DVD debut coming courtesy of MVM) and articles inside include "an overview of Full Metal Alchemist", "10 reasons why you have to see Cowboy Bebop" and "your Top 10 Anime Heroes". For this issue, the TokyoPop manga supplement is a 16-page preview of Cowboy Bebop: Shooting Star.

Over the next few days, you should be able to find the magazine in any decent high street magazine shops (WH Smiths, HMV, Borders, Forbidden Planet to name but a few).

Seems like I'm saying this every month, but this month's issue of Neo was the best yet. At least for anime content and with more contributions from the likes of Jonathan Clements, I really enjoyed reading this issue. The reviews are improving too. If you're reading this, well done chaps!

The way they've made their manga preview into a mini booklet is very cool looking too.

The Full Metal Alchemist feature is a good read, though I'd be interested to discover how the writer has seen so much of the series ;) A magazine admitting to watching licensed fansubs would be worth reading.

excellent! another trip to york for me then. "10 reasons why you have to see Cowboy Bebop" sounds interesting but i can see the "top 10 anime heroes" being even more so. i can see it starting a lot of healthy debate round here...

Will be picking this up when I can. Admitedly I havent been keen on previous issues , but its good to support the magazine and it certainly has improved issue by issue. Maybe this one will impress me!

I wouldn't start worrying about it being dropped from shops. It takes time for these magazines, especially new unproven ones, to be put out on shelves and I guess it won't be until early next week when these start filtering into the majority of stores/news agents.

i got mine from my local WHSMITH's ^_^ its great, its a good read, and has all the info on the anime/jpop/asian cinema/games/manga industry in the uk! reall usefull. i love the front cover^_^

Got it today in smiths. They seem to very good at getting NEO in on time.

Shame about the manga preview, unlike the others i already have the manga in question (in fact i have all of the CB manga, normal vols 1-3 and shooting star 1 and 2)

Good idea on making it a pull out though.

I'll try and find it soon. Even though Neo doesn't compare with US magazines, it is essential because it helps support the industry, which can only be a good thing.

Chomolungma said:
I'll try and find it soon. Even though Neo doesn't compare with US magazines, it is essential because it helps support the industry, which can only be a good thing.
i agree. since it's the only dedicated japanese media mag with a focus on the UK scene, it's definitely worth tracking down. i'm going into york tomorrow anyway so i'll get it then. a good excuse to wander around Travelling Man at least. ;)

Videl said:
does it arrive before or after lauch day?
Does it really matter? Seems most people can't find it launch day anyway... As far as I remember, it's arrived on release day so far. I'd prefer to get it earlier, but as long as I get it...

aniki said:
Videl said:
does it arrive before or after lauch day?
Does it really matter? Seems most people can't find it launch day anyway... As far as I remember, it's arrived on release day so far. I'd prefer to get it earlier, but as long as I get it...

I've had a suscription since the first issue and they've always arrived a few days before the official release. I think this issue arrived on Monday, so basically, the suscribers get it earlier than the general public. Yes, it makes me feel superior; I'm a petty, petty man ;)

I bought my copy today and I have to say this is the first time I have been impressed with Neo :D
The front cover was appealing for the first time and the articles are actually interesting (loved the one on Ranma 1/2!!).
Here's hoping this keeps up, as then I will buy it for the magazine and not purely to support a UK anime mag :p

Thanks.
Yeah i found out today, coz i just went out and purchased it at my local shops. The magazine is very good i must. Plus, it's the only magazines that consists of maga,anime, j-pop etc.

Back