Neo Magazine: April edition

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
I have <a href="http://forums.animeuknews.net/album_page.php?pic_id=76" target="_blank" class="postlink">posted the Godzilla dominated cover-art</a> for issue five of Neo Magazine. This month's issue is out from the 31st of March and contains an interview with Akira and Steamboy creator Katsuhiro Ôtomo and an article about Clamp; the famous all-female group of manga artists behind the likes of X/1999 and Angelic Layer.

Well got it today.

Pretty good issue all round. Am going to write in about the "manga" preview though. Bloody Mega-Crappy-Tokyo :evil:

Hi there,

If anyone has had problems obtaining a copy of NEO#5 from a branch of WHSmith that has previously stocked it, could you please email [email protected] so that we can look into this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Stu Taylor
NEO Editor

I wasn't as impressed with this one as issue no. 4!
The manga reviews were lame, as was the Akira review.
The article on Clamp was OK and I agree with IanC about the Mega Tokyo insert - blech!!
On a positive note, loved the Gackt article and piccie :D

i just bought my copy of NEO today... LOL, i havnt even read it yet... its still in my school Bag.
well im gona read it now.... laters (i got it form my local WHSmith)

Rurouni H said:
I'm a little curious to know what's with the Megatokyo hate...
Welll its Rubbish, its Rubbish, its Rubbish. It has a chareceter who speaks in LEET :twisted: (retarded internet "language") and yeah, its not Japanese.

So, your two reasons are hate of L33tsp34k, and the fact it isn't Japanese. Ok, the L33t I can understand (I find L33t amusing on a level, but in a similar respect, I hate shorthand. I won't criticise that), but the not being Japanese? Neo is technically an 'Asian Cult Cinema' magazine, and Megatokyo is definately inspired by Japanese manga, even if Fred Gallagher is American. I think the main mistake here was doing a preview of Megatokyo volume 3, which has sunk more in depth into the relationships of the characters, as opposed to the earlier strips which you could pick up pretty easily and didn't require too much prior character knowledge.

iv read some of Megatokyo on the net.. and i thought it wasnt all bad... considering it is not originally a japanese title... and it is done by some.. next guy... i think it is quite ok... not bad...

Well i got my issue this saturday just gone by, i agree with Miaka-chan i didn't think it was as good as issue 4 and although it's not as important as the overall content of the mag but i really hated that front cover. I liked the clamp article alot since i'm a big fan of clamp, but half of everything else just didn't interest me (but i suppose it did to other people out there). As for the manga preview, in truth i havn't read it yet (i just havn't had a chance yet), but i was quite dissapointed to open the magazine and find megatokyo, simply because i knew it wasn't japanese, i was also miffed as to why they used volume 3 as the preview.
Also i'm wondering why the issues are coming out closer together, usually it has been the third of the month, then this time it was the 31st and it says next issue is out the 28th

Rurouni H said:
I'm a little curious to know what's with the Megatokyo hate...

I just don't like it! I'm happy to read Korean manga but not Amercian versions, it's like that one done by Courtney Love - blech! :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
I just don't like it! I'm happy to read Korean manga but not Amercian versions, it's like that one done by Courtney Love - blech! :lol:
COURTNEY LOVE DID A MANGA, that is completly unbelievable. I would never buy it but i would still like to see what it looks like

Charter_Mage said:
Miaka-chan said:
COURTNEY LOVE DID A MANGA, that is completly unbelievable. I would never buy it but i would still like to see what it looks like

It's written by Courtney Love and the artwork is by Yazawa Ai. The artwork looks OK but Na!!

Back