Needless - Anime R1 License Blu-Ray/Dubbed

coreydbz

Brigade Leader
Taken from http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2010-11-09/section23-films-adds-needless-tv-anime
The North American anime distributor Section23 Films announced on Tuesday that it will release the television anime series Needless on Blu-ray Disc and DVD starting on February 15, 2011. The anime was licensed through Sentai Filmworks. The first 300-minute collection will be in English and in Japanese with English subtitles.

I personally will be importing my copy from America but if it gets licensed here then i maybe patient enough to wait till then (Maybe). So cross your fingers and hope Manga or Beez decide to pick it up.

SIIIIICCCKKKKKK!!

Awesome announcement. Silly and somewhat derivative it may have been, but Needless was pretty damn entertaining.

Will definitely be picking up the BDs.

Excellent news indeed, looks like a good show.

For some annoying reason, despite reading this news on ANN yesterday, I still read this topic title as suggesting that Blu-Ray and dub releases are needless. I guess thats one step better than what I was reading yesterday, "Needles" instead of "Needless". *sigh*.

For some annoying reason, despite reading this news on ANN yesterday, I still read this topic title as suggesting that Blu-Ray and dub releases are needless. I guess thats one step better than what I was reading yesterday, "Needles" instead of "Needless". *sigh*.
Thanks for pointing that out, I kinda rushed the thread when i heard the news and the Blu-Ray and Dub ARE NEEDED.:p

mangaman74 said:
I guess I will be importing the blu-ray version as it is unlikely it will get a release over here anytime soon what with it being a Sentei release.
Manga will be releasing Highschool Of The Dead on Blu-Ray and thats being released by Sentai Filmworks so there may be hope. :D
Also, It would most likely be region locked so that may not be an option for some, I myself dont have a player that plays region 'A' so I will be importing a Blu-Ray player from america. What player do you use for imported Blu-Ray?

Mo3ooo said:
mangaman74 said:
I don't have an imported blu-ray player but a modified one. I got it from the following site,

http://www.mrmdvd.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_98

If you need model/make details you will have to wait till later as I am at work currently.

If you have a PS3, it's region free so if you import anime, I think it should be able to play it ( I'm not 100% sure though ) :p
It's games are region free, the Blu-Ray player is region locked.
Most BDs aren't region locked anyway, this probaly will be as it's a sub- licence.

The other option is to buy a BD drive for your PC, an internal one starts at about £40 and includes basic player software.

A util called DVDFab allows you to change the BD region. It works really well.

Stuart-says-yes said:
I too wanted to import Region A's so I decided it would be cheaper to buy 2 separate low-end of the range BD players, 1 UK and 1 US player, for about £60-80 each.
Thats what i plan to do, i already have a ps3 so all thats left is to import a US player.

Reaper gI said:
Most BDs aren't region locked anyway, this probaly will be as it's a sub- licence.

As far as I am aware all Sentei releases are region A locked and most Funimation releases are region A locked (Axel Music list Funimation releases as 93% locked, 7% region free).

Also some non-anime companies are region A locked. Criterion releases are 100% locked according to Axel Music - all the ones I own are region A locked.

coreydbz said:
mangaman74 said:
I guess I will be importing the blu-ray version as it is unlikely it will get a release over here anytime soon what with it being a Sentei release.
Manga will be releasing Highschool Of The Dead on Blu-Ray and thats being released by Sentai Filmworks so there may be hope. :D
Also, It would most likely be region locked so that may not be an option for some, I myself dont have a player that plays region 'A' so I will be importing a Blu-Ray player from america. What player do you use for imported Blu-Ray?

Sorry for the delay. My bd player cost me £409.00 (including £10.00 shipping). The make and model are as follows,

Panasonic DMP-BD60EB-K Blu-Ray PlayerMultiregion Blu-Ray+DVD (DMPBD60EBKic).

To switch between regions I have to turn off the player (making sure that there is no disc in it) as press 1 for region A and 2 for region B. It can play other regions but those are the only ones I use. I listed the site where I got it from in an earlier post. I purchased it around a 18 months ago so there are probably newer and better models out there.

coreydbz said:

Thanks for pointing that out, I kinda rushed the thread when i heard the news and the Blu-Ray and Dub ARE NEEDED.:p

Indeed, indeed.

Project-2501 said:
Beware of that player (and it's variously branded twins) now. I have an old one and can change BD regions with a code, but apparently new models are now sporting new firmware which has done away with the region switching. People are having trouble reverting to old versions as well.

Interesting to note that the price of the player has gone *up* since that has happened.

ayase said:
Beware of that player (and it's variously branded twins) now. I have an old one and can change BD regions with a code, but apparently new models are now sporting new firmware which has done away with the region switching. People are having trouble reverting to old versions as well.

Interesting to note that the price of the player has gone *up* since that has happened.

Well thats a pain. The other multi region BD players seem to be a total ripoff as the people selling them know they've got you over a barrel. Which is why I put a BD drive in my media PC.

Project-2501 said:
ayase said:

Well thats a pain. The other multi region BD players seem to be a total ripoff as the people selling them know they've got you over a barrel. Which is why I put a BD drive in my media PC.
I'd rather be able to play them on my tv so i will just order a player from america, i was planning to do that after christmas anyway because of all the Blu-Ray releases in the U.S such Read or Die and the upcoming Dance in the Vampire Bund.

coreydbz said:
Project-2501 said:
ayase said:

I'd rather be able to play them on my tv so i will just order a player from america, i was planning to do that after christmas anyway because of all the Blu-Ray releases in the U.S such Read or Die and the upcoming Dance in the Vampire Bund.

I just run a big-ass HDMI cable round my room from my PC to TV, works great. :D

Back