Nausicaa - Blu-Ray

coreydbz

Brigade Leader
My Nausicaa Blu-Ray dispatched yesterday from Play.com even though the release date is 18th October. Has any one else had theirs dispatched or recieved it yet?

I haven't ordered it but that's not uncommon of play. I think it depends if you've had it pre-ordered for ages or not. Sometimes I pre-order a few weeks before release and get it on release day but others I've pre-ordered a year in advance arrive early.

Their post takes 3-5 days so I guess in order to ensure everyone gets it by monday they post 5 days before, often resulting in it arriving in 3 days. It's a nice bonus and one of the reasons I keep using play. That and their orders are almost NEVER later than 5 days and usually arrive in 3 unlike amazon.

tl;dr. You'll probably get it early =D

I was willing to import it from japan for about £50-£60 so I'm glad Optimum decided to release it so fast. Lets just hope they do the same for Laputa: Castle in the Sky and My Neighbors the Yamadas as both will be released in Japan in December with english subs and dub.

Definetly I'm gonna wait patiently for the U.K release, Its just that at first i didnt know if there was ever going to be one thats why i thought about importing.

Mine just got delivered but i wont be able to watch it till tommorow because i'm to busy. I checked the video quality though and its awesome, using some of the screenshots of the Japanese version floating around the internet i compared it to mine and they look identical, so by my eye's it looks like the same transfer as Japan.

Those screens from the Japanese Blu-ray were absolutely stunning. If the UK version does have the same transfer then I may just start weeping with joy while watching it.

Amazon shipped my copy today so I should be able to see for myself early next week.

I just finished watching Nausicaa and the picture and audio are incredible, you wouldn't believe how old it was just by looking at it, its that good. Now I'm off to watch all Satoshi Kon's films and then Paranoia Agent.

Is it possible to put pictures from the dvd release and the blu ray release to compare the picture on here or does anyone know a site that has this already? Im unsure if I should pick it up, but I see my self doing so anyways lol

coreydbz said:
Here These are what sold me.

Thanks yea does look nice, but is the UK release EXACTLEY the same as the Japanese Blu Ray (or is there a slight different) to the picture quality?
From what everyone is saying, it suppose to be the same.

Just would like to point out was in town today and it was £25 in HMV while its mega cheap online.
Shame theres no slip case for it and it's exactly the same cover as the dvd edition. Only being picky but still lol

I cant see any difference between the JP and UK versions other than the cases, the Japanese box art is stylish but not enough for me to fork out £60 to import it when it was £10.99 on play.com.
So yeah my UK release looks identical the the Japanese release in terms of video quality. :D

Got my copy next to me, I'm going to see if I can grab some images with the nice shiney new BD drive in my pc :)

Now that HD trancends the whole PAL/NTSC thing there should be no need at all for anyone to alter the video.

Ah fudge, the software won't do screencaps!!! There are ways and means around this...

I can confirm that it is in 1080 at 24FPS (yay!) and looks stunning. Compared to the trailers on the disc it really is a lot better looking.

There is the old problem of gate jitter, you will see the picture wiggling around on the screen but you get this with all old films and there is very little they can do short of a frame by frame restoration.

Back