Naruto

LukasROAR

Straw Hat Pirate
As the Bleach thread has been recently resurrected, i'd like to do the same with Naruto, I searched for a thread already created but all i could find was about certain volumes or UK releases.

The only manga i read at the moment is Bleach and Naruto every Friday (occasionally i'll give up for a few months to let the chapters pile up as it can get annoying waiting to find out what happens. (I also used to read FMA which i brilliantly written but just lost track, i will pick it up again)

I don't know if it's because i read it straight after Bleach but this manga really is written so well, unlike Bleach i believe there's a long term plan and ideals, characters die and develop and what i like most is that it takes a while to read where as Bleach is over in under 3 minutes. Don't get me wrong i love Bleach and i don't want to turn this in to a comparison etc just a place where people can talk about Naruto theories and favourite characters etc and the latest issues which are printed weekly in Japan.

Everyone read last weeks?
How awesome was the last pannel! Itachi or a clever trick by the sharingan. I know it's probably the latter but i'd love to see Itachi return.
And does anyone believe Kisame may still be alive?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seeing as I still read/collect the big 3 Shonen titles, I'll chime in too :p.

Last week's ending confused me
whether or not Itachi showing up was Madara's fault or soemthing... My personal guess is Itachi implanted a bit of himself into Sasuke to warn Danzo to **** off if he put Sasuke in danger... sorta like the 4th Hokage did with Naruto once he hit the 8 tail mark).

As for Kisame, He'd better be dead, he was decapitated!

I don't know what "last week's" is for you guys, if possible could you include either the chapter number or the Jump issue number it was in?

I really want to not mention the stuff you asked not to mention, but since you did anyway, I'll have to respond - who dies in Naruto, seriously? Jiraiya? It's <i>more</i> cliche to have him die and leave everything to Naruto. Chiyo-baa? Was <i>a million years old</i>. All the actually "controversial" deaths that have nearly happened in Naruto, Kishimoto has brought them back.

As for how long it takes to read, Naruto and Bleach are both in the "no time at all" section, OP is the only one of the three that really packs a lot of dialog in.

The Bleach thread is separate stuart, please keep this one for Naruto discussion so it doesn't become a massive Shounen Jump flamewar. The odd mention is fine but there's currently almost more Bleach plot discussion here than Naruto.

I'm mostly into Naruto for the Kakairu community, so I'll quietly sink back into the background to avoid wrecking the thread in a different way ;)

R

ilmaestro said:
I don't know what "last week's" is for you guys, if possible could you include either the chapter number or the Jump issue number it was in?

I really want to not mention the stuff you asked not to mention, but since you did anyway, I'll have to respond - who dies in Naruto, seriously? Jiraiya? It's <i>more</i> cliche to have him die and leave everything to Naruto. Chiyo-baa? Was <i>a million years old</i>. All the actually "controversial" deaths that have nearly happened in Naruto, Kishimoto has brought them back.

As for how long it takes to read, Naruto and Bleach are both in the "no time at all" section, OP is the only one of the three that really packs a lot of dialog in.

By giving the chapter number, do you mean somewhat like what many forums do in that they edit the title every week or so and say "...up to chapter ~"? Or just which we mean when we post? Either way i'm fine with it.

As for the latest(477). The chapter itself was brilliantly paced. Nothing felt slow or went through too fast, it just went by as it should've. The last few pages where great too, and as for Itachi, i think its safe to say its Sharingan, but it's damn good to see him return in any form. What that does to this encounter and what it means i do look forward to though.

Just at some point in the post before the spoiler tags is fine, as you have done there.

Rui said:
I'm mostly into Naruto for the Kakairu community, so I'll quietly sink back into the background to avoid wrecking the thread in a different way ;)
Too late. D:

Arbalest said:
ilmaestro said:

By giving the chapter number, do you mean somewhat like what many forums do in that they edit the title every week or so and say "...up to chapter ~"? Or just which we mean when we post? Either way i'm fine with it.

As for the latest(477). The chapter itself was brilliantly paced. Nothing felt slow or went through too fast, it just went by as it should've. The last few pages where great too, and as for Itachi, i think its safe to say its Sharingan, but it's damn good to see him return in any form. What that does to this encounter and what it means i do look forward to though.

Me too, i'm really looking forward to reading this weeks.
I too am pretty sure it's the power of the sharingan but i feel if anyone should take Danzo down it's Itachi and since he's not around it's a fitting tribute that Sasuke (i know it could be Madara) uses the Sharingan to make it appear that way so both of them could avenge the Uchiha clan. Not sure if Sasuke would stop there though i don't think revenge on Danzo alone is enough anymore and I don't think they'd dispatch Danzo so soon surely.

What's everyones take on Orichimaru's assistant (apologies i forgot his name) who's on the run. Could Orichimaru eventually return living through him?

To be honest, I won't be happy if Sasuke kills Danzou as we've only just seen Danzou in action. Although that might have something to do with the fact that I don't think Sasuke should kill anyone

Kabuto/Orochi, looking forward to seeing him again :p, I have been ever since we saw him hand Naruto the data book on Akatsuki. I do think he'll either go insane go fall victim to Orochi's "soul"

One person I was really interested in, at the Hokage Summit was the Mizukage and her "Acid" kekkei Genkai (or what ever it's called), so I'm also looking forward to seeing her again too

To be honest, the power level of the enemies just jumped to insane levels way to fast. Orochimaru and Itachi were poowerful enough to be the bad guys in the story without having to add Akatsuki, Danzou & Madara.

I just wish Sasuke had died fighting Itachi and then it was back to Naruto on his way to become a hokage, but I guess taht would have been too simple.

chaos said:

I just wish Sasuke had died fighting Itachi and then it was back to Naruto on his way to become a hokage, but I guess taht would have been too simple.

I would have loved the story if it had taken that direction... but it seems Shippuden is primarily about Sasuke >_>

Will-O'-The-Wisp said:
but it seems Shippuden is primarily about Sasuke >_>

I get the same feeling most of the time. Seems like Naruto ended up not being the most popular character, so Kishimoto simply shifted his focus.

It's a real shame though.

I noticed the release dates for VIZ releases

47 The Seal Destroyed
Japanese: August 4, 2009
English: February 2, 2010
Difference: 5 months, 29 days

48 The Cheering Village!!
Japanese: November 4, 2009
English: June 8, 2010
Difference: 7 months, 4 days

49 The Gokage Summit Commences!!
January 4, 2010
October 5, 2010
Difference: 9 months, 1 day

WHAT THE HELL :evil:???!!!
What's the point of catching up to the Japanese release if you're just gonna slow down again :cry:

But I want it on my sheeellff :cry:
Volume 50 comes out March 2010 in Japanese, but in English it will take until March 2011. They already HAVE the pages, surely they could release it within a month (hell even the SAME DAY could work) of the Japanese release :?

The slightly insane flow of conversation comes from me having just deleted a post and where it was quoted. Don't talk about where to get the manga unlawfully, please :)

Wishing Viz would speed up their release etc is of course fine.

R

Rui said:
The slightly insane flow of conversation comes from me having just deleted a post and where it was quoted. Don't talk about where to get the manga unlawfully, please :)

Wishing Viz would speed up their release etc is of course fine.

R
Should have just replaced it with [removed] or something. It makes me look like I'm complaining at myself :lol:

Paradox295 said:
Should have just replaced it with [removed] or something. It makes me look like I'm complaining at myself :lol:

Mm the context annoyed me a little too. I hope you don't mind looking charmingly eccentric ;)

R

Paradox295 said:
What's the point of catching up to the Japanese release if you're just gonna slow down again :cry:
They're not slowing down, the frequency of the Japanese release has increased. Naruto has been coming out with three months between volumes for a couple of years, which has meant the number of non-collected chapters has increased to the point where they can go back to bi-monthly releases for a while.

Viz, in comparison, can't expect the same level of sales or retailer support if they were to move to consistent bi- or tri-monthly releases as opposed to their four month schedule, so will presumably stay at four months until maybe Summer 2011, and have another brief period of monthly releases to catch back up.

ilmaestro said:
Paradox295 said:
They're not slowing down, the frequency of the Japanese release has increased. Naruto has been coming out with three months between volumes for a couple of years, which has meant the number of non-collected chapters has increased to the point where they can go back to bi-monthly releases for a while.

Viz, in comparison, can't expect the same level of sales or retailer support if they were to move to consistent bi- or tri-monthly releases as opposed to their four month schedule, so will presumably stay at four months until maybe Summer 2011, and have another brief period of monthly releases to catch back up.
How can they not expect sales/retailer support by release them when they released 5 volumes of Naruto a month last year and 5 volumes a month of One Piece this year :?

stuart-says-yes said:
How come viz never plays catch up with any other manga though?
What about One Piece :wink:

Back