Naruto

BDT87

Student Council President
Chapter 602 just asks further questions. Not much happened just a lot of talking about what happened to Obito when he got crushed under the rock.
 

Y-San

Shinki
Joshawott said:
Kishimoto really sucks with hiding things. The identity of Naruto's father and Tobi were guessed by fans years ago. Never tell him about a surprise birthday party, because he'll spoil it...a whole year before.

I just hope we y'know, actually find out what happened to Rin. I was really pissed off that Naruto distracted him from that. Also, I assume that means the Five Kage were defeated?

I actually laughed when it cut to the aftermath of the battle. In my opinion, they deserved it. Of course, no doubt it's only to make Naruto look stronger when he wins single handedly.

Also, did anyone notice how Obito has already become the "sympathetic" villain, just like almost every other big bad in Naruto to date. Duh, sure feels like Kishimoto is keeping things fresh. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without making young Obito come off as grating as Naruto. With his belief that he can help his friends because he is alive. Ignoring that fact that he is fully aware that half his body was crushed under rocks and as far as he knew, he had just accepted himself, that he was dying. Surely no-one is that thick...
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Lawrence said:
Joshawott said:
Kishimoto really sucks with hiding things. The identity of Naruto's father and Tobi were guessed by fans years ago. Never tell him about a surprise birthday party, because he'll spoil it...a whole year before.

I just hope we y'know, actually find out what happened to Rin. I was really pissed off that Naruto distracted him from that. Also, I assume that means the Five Kage were defeated?

I actually laughed when it cut to the aftermath of the battle. In my opinion, they deserved it. Of course, no doubt it's only to make Naruto look stronger when he wins single handedly.

Also, did anyone notice how Obito has already become the "sympathetic" villain, just like almost every other big bad in Naruto to date. Duh, sure feels like Kishimoto is keeping things fresh. Of course, it wouldn't be complete without making young Obito come off as grating as Naruto. With his belief that he can help his friends because he is alive. Ignoring that fact that he is fully aware that half his body was crushed under rocks and as far as he knew, he had just accepted himself, that he was dying. Surely no-one is that thick...
I preffered Obito being a heartless, calculating villain who shows little actual emotion. Now he's a Naruto Beta who will be defeated by Talk no Jutsu.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BDT87

Student Council President
Todays chapter was nothing special but it explains how Obito's crushed body was done/healed. Next week chapter seems it will show how Rin diedand all that which we all want to know what happened.
Hope the outcome is a good one.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chaos

The Boss
Added some spoiler tags there.

Anyway, hang on, I'm sure there will be another flashback to explain why Madara turned evil as well!

I am more and more convinced that the only true villain in Naruto was Orochimaru. Every other villain has just shown to be a tsundere.....
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BDT87

Student Council President
Chapter 604

Kakashi killed Rin?

Did you have a hunch? Because I sure didn't
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
I'm guessing that the next big reveal will be that Obito totally took that situation the wrong way and that as a result of their struggle, Kakashi was forced to kill Rin and that her tears were actually of relief, as opposed to shock.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chaos

The Boss
I'd go with Joshawott explanation.
Honestly, I'd expected something like that to make Obito change sides.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
If Kakashi obtained his Mangekyo Sharingan when Rin died shortly after Obito's death then how come at the start of Shippuden, Kakashi referred to the Mangekyo Sharingan as a "new" Sharingan?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Ryo Chan

Symphogear
Joshawott said:
If Kakashi obtained his Mangekyo Sharingan when Rin died shortly after Obito's death then how come at the start of Shippuden, Kakashi referred to the Mangekyo Sharingan as a "new" Sharingan?

just cause he got it then, doesn't mean he had learnt it. maybe it took him till the start of shippuden to activly enable it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
Ryo Chan said:
Joshawott said:
If Kakashi obtained his Mangekyo Sharingan when Rin died shortly after Obito's death then how come at the start of Shippuden, Kakashi referred to the Mangekyo Sharingan as a "new" Sharingan?

just cause he got it then, doesn't mean he had learnt it. maybe it took him till the start of shippuden to activly enable it.
Sure,bit could be possible that Kakashi attributed his collapsing to regular Sharingan use due to the eye only being transplanted shortly before the incident but I can't really see how Kakashi would have been able to live through half of his life, most likely facing many near death experiences and not have any clue about it.

He outright referred to it as "new" though (Volume 32 page 88) and as soon as he used it against Deidara he thought "I can't properly control the position and size of the barrier space" (Volume 31 Page 96). I'm guessing that Kishimoto had a different explanation, but later chose to revise it to the one we have now.

In regards to Rin though, when he fell to Pain, his last thoughts were of how he couldn't protect Obito or Rin. Considering the events in Kakashi Gaiden, I also doubt that he would kill her to keep confidential information confidential or something like that, so I will be very interested to hear Kakashi's explanation.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

chaos

The Boss
I've read the chapter, but I just can't bring myself to care about Obito I just want to see their fight!
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Joshawott

Monsieur Monster
AUKN Staff
chaos said:
I've read the chapter, but I just can't bring myself to care about Obito I just want to see their fight!
Pretty much the same. What was one a cool villain has now been turned into a cliché heartbroken lover boy

Also, why the feck doesn't Obito just use Edo Tensei to bring Rin back?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BDT87

Student Council President
Have no posted for a while. What does everything think of the latest chapter (610) and where the story is going.

EDIT:

Chapter 611, so everyone has arrived at Naruto location.

Other than that nothing much happened, just a lot of talk back and forth with Naruto and Obito
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Y-San

Shinki
If only it could emulate the quality too, then it might have been a good chapter.

That said, Naruto dropped off an abyss about the point the army of zombies appeared so I think it would do little to change the quality over all.

Reading the dialogue between Naruto and Obito is painful to the point it's like watching rams bash heads without giving an inch and the whole ninja army tactics is a joke.

I was also disappointed about the arrival of every important character within the war and more, to back up Naruto as if fighting a horde of clones and zombies had resulted in no deaths, not a single one. I can't help but think that's not how war works, people get injured and people die but apparently the main and extended cast are just that good.

Of course, it just renders Naruto's desire to prevent war even more pointless since it's not as if he's really suffered, bullied perhaps but otherwise he's lead a pretty charmed life in some respects. You can't complain about war if you haven't even experienced it.

On then there's the comparisons between the sympathetic villain of the arc, Obito and Naruto, that are forced so hard, it actually hurts, much in the same way Pain and Naruto and Garra and Naruto were. In comparison, since both need to end by this point, at least Kubo can actually vary his cast a little and write a genuine villain.


If it wasn't for the fact that I'd already read 500+ chapters, like most people I wouldn't still be reading. Despite that, it's high time the series has the grace of ending. It's unfathomable to think that this shoddy narrative is being so well received in Japan and America.
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BDT87

Student Council President
Todays Chapter - 618...Whoaaa
Did anyone see this coming, that the hokage are back

Best cliffhanger for a while must say, other than that it was all talking more than anything.

P.S I just started making chapter reviews, so it would be awesome to let me know what you think. It's a try out kinda thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urhtQf2gZ1U
 
Last edited by a moderator:

BDT87

Student Council President
Naruto Chapter 619, just a lot of talking but we learned more info on the Uchia clan.
What did you guys think of this chapter?
 
Top