Name me some "so bad it's good" anime.

Lupus

Baka Ranger
Help me out here guys, I want something along the lines of Violence Jack and such, from Manga Entertainment or even stuff like M.D. Geist, as long as it's so terrible, but at the same time you can't help but love it for the cheeseyness, etc.

Fist of the North Star. It's total crap but you can't help but find it oddly enjoyable. Sadly New Fist of the North Star doesn't have the same effect and is just crap all round.

Second Angel Cop (Though utterly excluding the dub the first episode was pretty good)

Same with Fist of the North Star, though it was my first anime!

Detenator Orgun is rather similar in that respect

Ninja Scroll is shockingly cheesy but it's actually quite well animated so I guess it's a good movie from that point of view. Kawajiri's take of Highlander, Search for Vengeance, is much more on the Cheese side...complete with hammed-up screams of "There can be only one!"

If it's BAD you're after, you can't get much worse than Lady Death...

Martin said:
Ninja Scroll is shockingly cheesy but it's actually quite well animated so I guess it's a good movie from that point of view.

I love that movie, but I'd be the first to admit how cheesy and poorly scripted it is. Possibly the ultimate 'so bad it's good' anime.

I want to watch every series mentioned, now.

Especially Detonator Orgun for the OST since it's done by Susumu Hirasawa. Thanks guys, also, you know those Manga Entertainment DVDs, the ones with the likes of Amon Saga, Vampire Wars, Dangaioh, etc? Any of them similar to what I'm after?

Deidara said:
Dead Leaves. Like the anime equivelent to Snakes On A Plane (not that there's any ink between the two).

Actually, I found that one simply pure comedy class, nothing 'bad' about it (stands right up there with Dragonhalf and Puni Puni Poemi for me)

hopeful_monster said:
Airmaster
Most harem anime

Airmaster has the most beautifull fight scenes ever!!!!

Animation quality was good as well, but plot.. wait, there was any plot? Can't remember any right now... =D

Manga's Sword For Truth and Vampire Wars. Two one-shot OVAs chock-full of scarcely believable badness.

But the ultimate so-bad-it's-good award goes to the inimitable Mad Bull, a show which revels in its sheer outrageousness.

EDIT: <a href="http://manga.co.uk/titles/sword-for-truth">SHURANOSUKE THE SWORDSMAN TAKES NO PRISONERS!</a>

Tokyo Mew Mew. It's magical girl gone to hell and back, and most of the screen time is taken up with the same pointless transformation sequence elongated and replayed over and over again. However! After watching twenty or so of the fifty-two episodes, you can't help but keep going...

Back