Nakama Britannica Portal (wtf?) - Remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aion

Time-Traveller
All I ever see in terms of AUKN blog posts are Sonia posts. That'd be a problem in itself - not enough variety - but reading her recent entries makes me want to facepalm. She's gone from being a cosplay whore with an average face to being an internet drama queen, sending her legion of low IQ fanboys on a mission to attack a guy who posted entries linking to images she herself posted on the net, describing him as a creep and even posting his details. All because he mentioned she wore a thong when she did SC cosplay and got her tits out.

Either post her details on 4chan and let them give her the love she craves/deserves or prevent me from seeing her blog updates. She's not even a semi-active poster and doesn't deserve to be the official AUKN blog poster.

Define weird. I'm a sane, rational and perfectly normal person. I hate people and prefer to see humans hurt over animals, but apart from that I'm as normal as can be.

I simply no longer wish to see blog posts made by an in-active drama queen who has a legion of moronic fanboys.

If there were three consecutive blog posts made by me showing there'd be no issue as my posts are all insightful and I'm active around these parts, but that isn't the case.

Having the blog posts of in-active members showing is silly. Really, what does her internet drama have to do with this forum?

Aion said:
If there were three consecutive blog posts made by me showing there'd be no issue as my posts are all insightful and I'm active around these parts, but that isn't the case.

Hmm....

Regardless, if you try to follow what's going on, it's kinda funny;

Girl posts pictures, guy posts about those posts, then girl gets pissed because guy posted about her posts, now both guy and girl are pissed.

I read those last night and did wonder about their relevance to anime and manga. I guess the software just links to any new blog post regardless of what it's about. It'll be gone soon enough when others blog, but you have a point Aion, it does strike me as a little bad that AUKN is linking to a personal internet feud on every page of the forum.

Though for someone who posts other people's PM's on here for everyone to read it might be seen as a bit of double standards for you to be complaining about this...

This is um Very very funny
I plan to use this a anecdote
at the next anime related party
I attend .....yes

Shiro Yui said:
Aion said:

Hmm....

Regardless, if you try to follow what's going on, it's kinda funny;

Girl posts pictures, guy posts about those posts, then girl gets pissed because guy posted about her posts, now both guy and girl are pissed.

I'd be pissed too
I do this all the time
actually IGNORE ME

I read it yesterday myself, it was hilarious.

Also, I believe Paul has removed himself from the blog roll entirely, so if he can do it...

I don't want to turn this into a discussion thread, but the way she's gone about this has made her into an internet hate figure. He deserves his life to be made hell via e-bullies because he blogged about images she posted of herself in very little? Suuuure. The feminazi are fully behind her, expressing how men shouldn't view women they only see boobs of online and don't know as objects, and a few dumbfuck fanboys also appear to be backing her... but everyone else is laughing at her.

Going on what I've read about 4chan victims, 4chan have hit similar females - such as a dominatrix who expected to be treated special - hard. She really is asking for it with her recent comments, where she stresses how one sentence aimed at her supposed husband is evil. It would be karma; if someone posted links to the drama on 4chan for lulz. Too bad I'm too nice/lazy to bother.

---------

*ahem* Anyway, on topic. Like I said before, the AUKN blog thing should be removed... if there's no way to make sure that only anime or manga content gets shown. Simple as that. Right now it's being abused, it being used a platform for attention seekers to get more attention -- attention seekers who don't contribute to the forum.

This thread is rather pointless when Chaos will do nothing (as ever), but at least it's a good place to point at laugh at Ms. Cosplay Whore.

Aion said:
I don't want to turn this into a discussion thread, but the way she's gone about this has made her into an internet hate figure. He deserves his life to be made hell via e-bullies because he blogged about images she posted of herself in very little? Suuuure. The feminazi are fully behind her, expressing how men shouldn't view women they only see boobs of online and don't know as objects,

Oh your on sacom

Any way I'm fapping at these photos at
this very moment not cause I want to
but out of compulsive need to fap *cough cough*

Too far?

Aion said:
*ahem* Anyway, on topic. Like I said before, the AUKN blog thing should be removed... if there's no way to make sure that only anime or manga content gets shown. Simple as that. Right now it's being abused, it being used a platform for attention seekers to get more attention -- attention seekers who don't contribute to the forum.
You... Er, don't think you're acting a little like someone else who not long ago was ranting about how they thought the forum should be run here do you? Sonia's blog posts aren't the only one which appear there so the idea that this should be an excuse to close down the Nakama Britannica Portal is just daft.

Much as I get what you're saying about these particular posts, I'm not sure making AUKN a platform for debate about someone else's personal feud (isn't that what you were complaining about in the first place?) is going to make anything any better...

Edit: Enter unellmay, prepare for thread lock in 3...

I think Sonia's cosplay are actually pretty good to be fair, I mean, damn... I was actually SURPRISED at how much better they are than half-assed Naruto cosplay attempts at most expos.

Also, after reading Aion's latest post the creation of this thread was basically "Someone post her lj on /b/ lol" Also, Aion, if you read this and are still thinking about what we said on MAL, this is unrelated and not about you personally, so don't bring it up. Thanks.

I don't recall saying he was wrong to suggest the AUKN 'staff' are useless - I've said it on numerous occasions myself. I was too busy attacking him for being a drama queen over nothing... actually, now that you mention it, he and Sonia have a lot in common.

It wasn't my intention to turn this thread into a discussion about her. The reason I'm mentioning her is because her blog posts are the only ones that ever seem to appear on AUKN. The fact that it's fun to point out her stupidity also plays a part, but I'm doing it all for the greater good.

I'll leave the topic until Chaos says, "I see no reason to do anything because I don't ever do a thing."

From what I have read of it, both sides have done things to make this drama worse. The 'other guy' who Sonia is angry at did seem to be taking things a bit too far in his obsession with Sonia's pics, & seemed very stalker-like, but Sonia's reaction, understandable though it may be, has made the situation worse for both of them.

Though she should understand that if she looks good & shows that much skin in a good outfit, people will be attracted, sometimes too much so. She did look really good though, which she should be proud of.

don't know why i'm saying this but

i actually agree with Aion XD i always felt it should have something to do with anime, be it blogs, reviews or fan art

might be a good idea to remove them

If you say 'Anything unrelated to anime not allowed' we might as well get rid of half the sub-forums while we're at it.

The way I look at it, anime is what brings us together as our primary interest, but we have other interests too (many of which we happen to share) and talking about those is one of the things which helps create a sense of community. I can remember people complaining that that's something we lack (I happen to disagree) but if you stipped out anything not anime related we'd have even less. These particular posts of Sonia's are a seperate issue - It's less the fact that they're unrelated to anime that bothers me, more that they're devoted primarily to attacking someone.

Personally i think we should leave it be, instead of judging everything we see. Also i don't think its fair to just call Sonia whatever, she maybe inactive here but i would assume she lives a busy lifestyle(considering she works for sweatdrop and all), so keep things which are irrelavent to the topic out. If you really have a problem with whats she's saying in her blogs, then deal with it via PM or something, and don't advertise it on here. Keep in mind her comments are made on Live Journal, not on this forum, so we aren't going to do anything about it, however if you wish to attack or otherwise insult her on here, i won't turn a blind eye.

On the note of keep non-anime/manga blogs out of the loop, no. Nakama Britannica was primarily made not to just get people blogging about those, but just to see who is blogging, and who maybe interested in doing so. And in many ways its done just that. It certainly started off well but not so many people have added anything as of late(myself included). I wouldn't want it removed personally, but i would like to see more people getting involved with it, or those that already blog that are on the forums added to it.

@Mutsumi: if you have a blog, send a PM to chaos and i think he will be able to add you to it.

Had a quick look through issue and frankly what does she thinking going to happen when you publishers pictures like this one:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2657/3856256025_d8e8eb8910.jpg

If pose for Cosplay pictures like that you are clearly looking for some attention & Praise, you can't start complaining people actually like looking and commenting on them as that's the whole point in the first place.

Probable best to send email requesting her to go back to talking about what matter and not some silly argument, Otherwise remove the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back