MyAnimeList Partially Back Online After Week-Long Downtime

The mobile app is still a bit flaky but I haven't tried the desktop version yet. I know only some functionality is back, but while I can view my list and search for content I can't modify my list (i.e. add new items or update progress).
Is this functionality back for other people? It's sort of the only reason I actually use it (but even then I've only been making an effort to keep it up to date for the last month or so).

I can do that. I use the mobile browser version.
Interesting...I can't do it in the mobile app or desktop, but it works okay in the browser on mobile. I suppose the user sniffer redirects you to a different site on mobile as opposed to coding for mobile first (which I don't like anyway). If its another site then they might've just not disabled that functionality.
Cheers @D1tchd1gger

It's surprising to me that there's still large swathes of MAL offline. It must've been nearly a month now. They are risking killing off a large part of their community at this point and I'm not getting any sense of urgency from them.

Only thing that seems to work is your own list, some articles and the front page. Virtually nothing for the community of the site works, used to be a great tool to see what others are watching. Perhaps MAL is busy with their own anime backlog

It's surprising to me that there's still large swathes of MAL offline. It must've been nearly a month now. They are risking killing off a large part of their community at this point and I'm not getting any sense of urgency from them.

Being owned by DeNA certainly can't help bringing the site back online. They've already lost me as a result and I doubt they'll ever win me back.

Haven't checked yet if there's a change log and what else might be available again, but today it seems i can see other people's profiles again.

Haven't checked yet if there's a change log and what else might be available again, but today it seems i can see other people's profiles again.
Seems like a couple of things are back:
Dear Users,

The following features have been restored:

* However, uploading new profile pictures is still disabled. Also, viewing images entered via the
tag has been temporarily restricted to your own posts.

If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service team (rather than the MAL moderation team).

Sincerely,

The MyAnimeList Development Team

More returns. Still no forums though.
Update - Additional Features Restored
Created at June 26, 2018

Dear Users,

The following features have been restored:

Character Database
People Database
Submissions in the Character Database and People Database for:
New Characters
Edit Character Information
Voice Actor Roles
Anime Jobs
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact our Customer Service team (rather than the MAL moderation team).

Sincerely,

The MyAnimeList Development Team

If you look at the thread linked above, there's a bizarre situation developing there where the MAL site staff are openly criticising the MAL site owners and developers. Somewhat damningly, none of the staff (who are putting in hours of work day after day) seem to know what's going on. It's really hard to see there being a future for MAL if it keeps up like this because why would any one want to contribute to a site when they are (and the MAL community itself is) being treated with such obvious disdain. The site is being run into the ground.

Back