MVM license Elemental Gelade for UK release

I'm holding out for MVM to announce something along the lines of Gankutsuou or Black Lagoon. Elemental Gelade looks fairly generic to me.

I've been importing EG, but I like it for it's genericness. It's not a series I take seriously. I didn't actually think it'd get released over here, it didn't seem to set America on fire. There's a lot of more popular (and good) series out there to license.

It'll be a while before I buy a currently-running series from MVM again, after FMA's blunders.

Oh, and that logo is awful.

Why did they change the old logo anyway? It was perfectly fine. Surely they see how cheap it looks. It's like a bad rip off of Jetix.

Well, MVM undoubtedly read this board, so maybe they'll listen. The original logo was absolutely fine. It was simple, but not tacky

I might forgive them if they can also licence Princess Tutu and Gankutsuô. Or even an older series like Ranma ½, Cardcaptor Sakura or A Little Snow Fairy Sugar. And at least they don't go about stuffing in capital letters where they don't belong (as Geneon, TOKYOPOP and most of all ADV are all guilty of). But they should have left the logo well alone (it wasn't great, but it's better than this for innumerable reasons) and spent the money on renovating their web site instead.

So, Funimation/Revolation give us a price cut (OF IN HALF) and what do MVM give us?

A crappy logo...

[SSBM Anouncer]NO CONTEST[/SSBM Anouncer]

Come on, £11 (Even £15's an improvement) MVM will have to do a hell of a lot more than make some crap logo and licence some stuff that is worse than it's manga equivlant to get me to aprt with MORE cash for less.

Conan-san said:
So, Funimation/Revolation give us a price cut (OF IN HALF) and what do MVM give us?

A crappy logo...

[SSBM Anouncer]NO CONTEST[/SSBM Anouncer]

Come on, £11 (Even £15's an improvement) MVM will have to do a hell of a lot more than make some crap logo and licence some stuff that is worse than it's manga equivlant to get me to aprt with MORE cash for less.
Where are you coming from with "in half". The RRP from Rev Films is £4 (£15.99RRP) cheaper than the other anime releases. It is only half the price if you get a particularly good online deal and compare it to RRP, which is a tad lopsided if you ask me.

As for what Rev is actually releasing at the moment I am not overly sure about Spiral having seen the first volume, Negima may be good (I'll judge it when I have seen it) and I am not touching Rumbling Hearts at all... The only one I am collecting for sure at this moment would be Fullmetal Alchemist. There is far more in MVM's catalogue that I am definitely interested in at this time, including Ah! My Goddess, Elemental Gelade and Speed Grapher.

butch-cassidy said:
Gawyn said:
...I am not touching Rumbling Hearts at all...

Not that I want to direct away from the argument but. Grrrrr. Grrrrrr. Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien is excellent!

Please continue. :oops:
I am not inferring that the show may or may not be excellent but it is not one that ever interested me personally, hence I will not be getting it :).

Back