MVM license Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (DVD/Blu Ray)

Re: MVM license Bakemonogatari and Nisemonogatari (DVD/Blu R

Boom! I had a feeling it would be this!

Also MVM have just tweeted that they have Another licence to announce next week. Heh :p

Ath said:
Boom! I had a feeling it would be this!

Also MVM have just tweeted that they have Another licence to announce next week. Heh :p

I hope is really Another! I really liked the series. :mrgreen:

A Bakemonogatari release that won't be £100 or more? Thank you MVM. Will be picking this up for sure.

..oh god.

I'll be getting the blu's of these!!

I love you MVM.

if you ask me MVM is a very stable company.

question

are these anime any good, either way il be getting them.

sanji no 1 said:
Great......More stuff I'm not gonna buy
Cool input, bro. I'm sure MVM love hearing that.

bakum4tsu said:
sanji no 1 said:

I'm not gonna buy them too so you're not alone.
bakum4tsu, do you get off on telling people you're not buying something? Seems odd that you would waste the time to tell others about all these things you're supposedly not buying when you could just ignore the thread if it doesn't interest you at all.

sanji no 1 said:

I probably won't buy them either, but at least I'm positive about that fact that the UK are getting more releases.

Having already got the AOA releases of both these series, I won't be double-dipping. I imagine MVM's release of the pair will be barebones, so I can't say I'm too irked with this revelation. However, AOA's releases both lacked region encoding, so I'm curious to see whether or not the BD release will be gimped in any manner - lack of character commentaries, 1080i as opposed to 1080p, etc.

AntAce said:
Having already got the AOA releases of both these series, I won't be double-dipping. I imagine MVM's release of the pair will be barebones, so I can't say I'm too irked with this revelation. However, AOA's releases both lacked region encoding, so I'm curious to see whether or not the BD release will be gimped in any manner - lack of character commentaries, 1080i as opposed to 1080p, etc.

So far as I'm aware the masters are coming from Aniplex. DVD and Blu Ray content will be identical.
MVM's Twitter

Just Passing Through said:
So far as I'm aware the masters are coming from Aniplex. DVD and Blu Ray content will be identical.
MVM's Twitter
If this is true, I'll just wait until September for Nisemonogatari. I didn't really like the series compared to Bakemono, and the lack of Character Commentaries don't make me want to pay £110 for it.
Might Double Dip on Bakemono though despite already owning Aniplex's set.
MVM have made at least two of my friends very happy with this announcement.

MVM's Twitter

Ah, thank you! Interesting development. If this is indeed the case, I guess we could be seeing more of AOA's licenses coming over here, in future. I've seen a few people wanting a domestic release of Kara no Kyoukai, so the Monogatari series getting a release could certainly be seen as indicative of things going in that direction.

Only news of this magnitude could've brought me out of my hibernation.

What a coup for MVM. I'd be surprised (and somewhat annoyed) if their release of Bakemono includes the character commentaries as that's likely the primary reason why the Aniplex USA set is so expensive. I'll definitely be buying Nisemonogatari as I don't like that enough to pay what Aniplex USA are asking and even they aren't offering the commentaries for that show.

AntAce said:
MVM's Twitter

Ah, thank you! Interesting development. If this is indeed the case, I guess we could be seeing more of AOA's licenses coming over here, in future. I've seen a few people wanting a domestic release of Kara no Kyoukai, so the Monogatari series getting a release could certainly be seen as indicative of things going in that direction.

I can't see them releasing a 6-Bluray Disc set though!

Good license for them and its great to see them getting something more major than what Manga could have done but unfortunately i already own Aniplex's versions.

I'll be picking this up for sure. There's no way in hell I can afford a month's rent for the Aniplex release and I don't have a BR player anyway.

Back