MVM in May & June; Basilisk and more box sets on the way

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
MVM have circulated their May and June DVD releases and these include a few surprises, most notably the appearance of Basilisk in June (a supernatural ninja anime, animated by GONZO, similar to Ninja Scroll), as well as new box sets for both Love Hina and Trigun.
  • MVM in May
  • [7th May] Elemental Gelade #1 (Limited Edition with Book)
  • [7th May] Love Hina Box Set

MVM in June
  • [4th June] Basilisk #1
  • [4th June] Trigun Box Set

Interesting, i was going to import the love hina box set. Will see what the pricing is like on this when it comes out, may is a bit of a wait though :(

Wonder if this will include Love Hina Again and the two specials?

Nyu said:
Interesting, i was going to import the love hina box set. Will see what the pricing is like on this when it comes out, may is a bit of a wait though :(

It better do Ive been waiting to watch them for ages

Well def getting Love Hina box set. An I might get the Trigun box set to replace my R1 set. So yeah thanks MVM for more box sets its starting to become a part of everyday life now :)

I'm glad to see a Trigun box set. Had been thinking about getting this recently but went for Gungrave instead. Might check it out if the price is right.

I also highly recommend Baslisk. Like nearly every anime, it has it faults but overall this is an excellent series.

harkins said:
I'm glad to see a Trigun box set. Had been thinking about getting this recently but went for Gungrave instead. Might check it out if the price is right.

I also highly recommend Baslisk. Like nearly every anime, it has it faults but overall this is an excellent series.

Does gungrave have a boxset?

pomtry said:
Nyu said:

It better do Ive been waiting to watch them for ages
I am fairly sure it won't include Love Hina Again since MVM never licenced that but it may include the specials since they have already been released.

TRASHBAT said:
Ive had Trigun for years now,so i may get the boxset.

Same here I got the slim pack from Japan back in 2002 so I don't really know if I want to get the R2 version, I might if I have the money kicking around and theres nothing else I want to buy

butch-cassidy said:
I can only guess that Funi didn’t have the international rights, just the US ones...
Basilisk is a Gonzo title, so maybe MVM got the license direct from Japan instead of sublicensing from America. (I only mention that as it's happened before with other Gonzo shows and the American companies are obligated to hand over the English language materials - like MVM getting Gantz from ADV)

Back