MVM Entertainment to announce new anime license soon

I expect we'll see that license at the Expo, but if it isn't the expo licenses, it will certainly be interesting to see what else is up their sleeves.

I do like how they are still hanging on there though, even if they did move more into the asian film industry more than the anime one this past year and a bit.

Titan said:
Anyone up for guessing what it might be?

Monster, Legend of the Galactic Heroes, Card Captor Sakura uncut, Princess Tutu, Lovely Complex, Now and Then Here and There, Mononoke, Nodame Cantabile, Gosenzo-sama Banbanzai, Hajime no Ippo, Kaiji, Katanagatari, Toward the Terra TV, and Nana?!

If not, whatevs. Can't be that good.

I'm going with Queen's Blade or Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny. Maybe Blassreiter.

Unless they do a Beez and decide to try sub-only releases there's not much for them to choose from.

Or announce Shakugan no Shana The Movie or Shakugan no Shana II. What? They announced Romeo x Juliet before FUNi had given the US a release date.

But Queen's Blade might make sense. "Guys, we haven't been releasing much new stuff lately, so have some boobs".

It will definitely be Gonzo for one. My hope is for Welcome to the NHK, which is getting the Region 4 conversion this summer. But it will most likely be fan friendly titles, probably Blassreiter or Dragonaut, although they'd be quids in with Strike Witches.

I'd like them to get the Revolutionary Girl Utena sets that Nozomi are releasing now, Genshiken would be nice too. Random title that might compliment their Slayers releases, Lost Universe...

Realistically, it will either be Gonzo, or it will come via Nozomi and Media Blasters. I expect there to be two titles announced, and the first release will probably be in July.

They might be able to bolster this if they pick up an OVA or a movie as well.

EDIT: Blue moon sky high wish list hope... They licence rescue Casshern Sins Bluray part 2 :p

If the licence is indeed Gonzo related then I’m hoping for Kaze no Stigma and/or My Bride is a Mermaid.

If I was guessing than I would say that there are six possible licences MVM can go after, unless I’m mistaken on who the rights belong to.

Five of those licences are Gonzo titles…

Blassreiter
Dragonaut - The Resonance
Kaze no Stigma
Linebarrels of Iron
My Bride is a Mermaid

The other licence being…

Ikki Tousen: Dragon Destiny

Rember they can still license off seemingly dead companies, recent stuff has included a bit of Geneon USA and ADV

I'm hoping for Higurashi (or NHK*), Geneon USA/ADV titles that have got Australian release (via Seraphim Digital, not Madman).

*problem is that was licensed here by ADV, havent seen a license rescue here for a long time.

Hope its somthing good, wouldn't want MVM to stop releasing Anime. bought alot of good anime from them in the past (and present with Gungrave and Shana)

i said this once and il say it again. mvm should licence ADV anime titles cause ADV out of the game of anime ib like to get my hands on a few ADV titles

Back