Generally this is true indeed but within niche areas like anime I’d be surprised if DVD was still bigger than DVD on new releases?DVD's are actually bigger sellers than Blu-ray just FYI. It's only collectors like those of us on this site that pass them by. John Smith browsing the isles at HMV usually doesn't care though and get's the cheaper one. My old roomates would always get annoyed at me for buying blu-rays when DVD's were cheaper in fact lol.
Yeah, I could see people buying non-anime DVDs in Sainsbury's being driven by price and not caring about quality, but I think the anime collectors probably skew heavily towards Blu-rays.Generally this is true indeed but within niche areas like anime I’d be surprised if DVD was still bigger than DVD on new releases?
I sent my brother the link to the sale and he bought a few blu rays but asked if God Eater was any good as the DVD parts are £3 each'ish and said he might get them...The 12 Days of Christmas sale is here and it's showing us the stuff that did not sell, even discounted, and is now at fire sale "please god just take this, it's filling up our warehouse" pricing.
It's interesting trying to draw the line between which shows are just bad, which shows people will not buy on DVD, which shows are not bad but the fandom isn't there for them.
Is DVD dead for more visual shows? I know I won't buy anything on DVD these days unless there's no other choice.
- Flowers of Evil, this show is great but unfortunately, most anime fans won't look past the fact it's rotoscoped. DVD £1.99, 93% off. (no fandom)
- GATE, I really enjoyed this show, it's dumb fun power fantasy stuff which I thought anime fans would appreciate, I'm surprised it didn't sell. Blu-ray £7.99, 84% off. (is it considered bad??)
- Kids on the Slope, I haven't seen it, but it's an anime that's held in high respect (rated excellent on ANN)? DVD £2.99, 90% off. (won't buy DVD)
- Princess Principle, another great show, this isn't quite as big a discount, but I feel like the writings on the wall that no one bought it. Blu-ray £79.99 -> £29.99, 62% off, look out for it in next years Christmas sale at > £10. (no fandom)
- Serial Experiments Lain, this show is anime royalty, so this must be about the fact it's on DVD? DVD £9.99, 66% off. (won't buy DVD)
- The Eccentric Family, this one breaks my heart that people aren't buying it, it's in my top 10 anime of all time, but I think this is another show where the small fanbase only wants it on Blu-ray. DVD £2.99, 90% off, Blu-ray £14.99, 70% off. (no fandom)(won't buy DVD)
Interesting, though the chart doesn't tell us much. Since it only shows percentages, it's hard to say what's going on. I can imagine that the sales of DVDs have increased due to the pandemic. But from that chart alone it's not possible to conclude that at the same time Blu-rays sales "plummeted" (though it might have).
If you've placed one big order, yes it'll get shipped in one package. Multiple orders I try to find and put together, but the amount of orders to go through and trying to remember names is a time consuming task in itself!Do Mvm ship orders separately or all together if I order multiple items?