UK Anime Distributor MVM Entertainment Discussion Thread

ActionFaust

Combat Butler
Thanks. I'll suppress my FOMO and wait a bit longer.

Sentai releases seem to stay in print longer than Discotek, but it feels like any licence can expire at any time. I'm still kicking myself for waiting too long on Ghost Sweeper Mikami.
IIRC licenses generally last about 7 years so that should be a good reference for when you want to buy something

Dai

Hunter
Can confirm we've no plans at present for this title - doesn't mean to say we or anyone else won't at some point, but it's certainly not present anytime soon.
Thanks for the confirmation.

IIRC licenses generally last about 7 years so that should be a good reference for when you want to buy something
I had a feeling it tended to be in that range, but there are enough exceptions to make me twitch. I can't remember all the ones I noticed off the top of my head, but Ideon went out of print after a year or two, the same for Goshogun, One Week Friends was maybe 4 years, etc.

Magillanica Lou Mayvin

Time-Traveller
There's some issues with Dog & Scissors that we're trying to sort out at the moment and as such it's temporarily on hold.

Not to be rude as I would never intend to be so, but if I may, there were some issues with Dog & Scissors, long before you attempted to release it upon unsuspecting UK eyes. You're competing with AL's Ousama Game so I dare say best it stays on hold, forever more, lest innocent viewers be tainted by it. I shall never forget the hobo+shotgun, in no-gun Japan... the horror~

...ah, and yes: please stop the BBFC on spines. Andrew eventually learned with their more pricey releases if not their cheaper ones. Space Dandy was traumatic for me. Heaven Feel's releases didn't have the BBFCing on spines, which is quite wonderful to behold.

Last edited:

Girls with Guns

Dragon Knight
I almost purchased Seitokai Yakuindomo in the Sentai Sale last week, but then I watched a few episodes streaming first, and just like the GIF above, there was just way too much of that obnoxious 'comedy' in it for me.