MVM Entertainment announce Toradora BD release

VoxPhantom

Stand User
MVM Entertainment have announced that they will be bringing the 2008 romantic comedy Toradora to UK shores on blu-ray at some point in 2014. The JC Staff production has already seen North American and Australian releases courtesy of NIS America and Hanabee respectively, with both releases originally being subtitled DVD only, though only this morning NISA announced an upgraded blu-ray re-release, which will include a brand new English dub.

The news follows hot on the heels of MVM's announcement of an improved deal with their blu-ray supplier, which will allow them to increase the volume of high definition anime releases that they will be able to offer.

Source tweet: https://twitter.com/MVM_UK/status/443699178112565248

Very happy to see Toradora get a UK BD release, presumably with the new NISA dub too. Will definitely get either this one or the NISA one.

I am over the moon about this announcement, my favourite romance anime (2nd favourite anime overall), I will support this UK release! Even happier seeing MVM finally going for Blu-Ray releases instead of just DVD only.

Holy crap, they didn't waste any time!
Was just about to place an order at TRSI for them, now no need. Loving this new MVM. May even wait on importing ef and Btooom, just in case!

I officially love MVM. I have the premium edition DVD releases, but I will buy this. Also, I noticed there's no mention of DVD?

Honestly, the series looks amazing as it is on DVD (especially when played on a BD player), but I do want that OVA too.

MVM have been going on a roll here! I want to know who this new supplier is!

Toradora on Blu-ray with a dub is perfect, question is which BD master did MVM get access to?

Joshawott said:
SnowWolf said:
So we'll be the first to get Toradora with a dub.

YESSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
America are getting it in July.
Your right, got carried away in my excitement.

Oh well,

The post doesn't mention a dub, does it? Or is it just that NISA has announced they're doing one?

MVM haven't mentioned a dub yet, but it would be odd to say the least if they were releasing a sub-only version after NISA put out their dubbed version.

NIS America are doing the English dub (for the first time ever on their first anime release) and as mentioned is out in July. Meaning what MVM meant is that they will be able to include the NISA dub for their release.

Cassandra Lee Morris as Taiga Aisaka
Erik Scott Kimerer as Ryuji Takasu
Christine Marie Cabanos as Minori Kushieda
Johnny Yong Bosch as Yusaku Kitamura
Erika Harlacher as Ami Kawashima

Didn't Cassandra Lee voice Kyuubey in Madoka Magica? Interesting choice.
Oh thank goodness JYB isn't the main character. He's close though. I love him, but he's been in so much.

I hope MVM release it as a complete collection, but that seems unlikely.
Hopefully we'll at least get another artbox that holds both parts 1 and 2. That's what Hanabee did with their sets I think.

Wonder if NISA will dub the opening?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR0r1Hta6Ug
Parade! Pre-preparation!
Even if I may not be the strongest
Here it comes! My pre-parade~
I’ll catch you someday and become the best!

Brilliant! I've been wanting to watch this for a while but I never got around to buying it so i'll just wait for this version :)

This news made my partner really REALLY happy, he's been wanting Toradora on BD for the longest time.

Fantastic license from MVM.

I'll give MVM credit for this one. I really wouldn't have expected to see this from them - especially on Bluray.
Unfortunately Artboxes/Artbooks ultimately win me over so I'll be buying NISA's set over the UK release.

Now if only MVM would surprise me and announce a license for the Raildex franchise on BD...

Back