MVM Confirms 2018 Anime Slate & Release Adjustments

J

Josh A. Stevens

Anime distributor MVM Entertainment has today confirmed their updated anime release schedule for early 2018, which once again includes adjustments affecting anticipated titles including Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls, GATE and more. Their upcoming release slate, is as follows:

December 2017

• Girls und Panzer: Der Film (DVD)
  • 18th December: Norn 9 Collection (DVD)

January 2018:

• 8th January: Fruits Basket Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray)
  • 15th January: Matoi The Sacred Slayer Collection (DVD, Blu-ray)
  • 22nd January: Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray + DVD + CD Combi)

February 2018:

• 5th February: Tenchi Muyo OVA Collection (DVD, Blu-ray)
  • 12th February: Skip Beat Collection (DVD, Blu-ray)
  • 19th February: GATE Collector’s Edition (Blu-ray + DVD Combi)

March 2018:

• Initial D Legend 1: Awakening (DVD, Blu-ray)
  • 12th March: Log Horizon Season 1 Collection (DVD)
  • 12th March: Log Horizon Season 2 Collection (DVD)

April 2018:

• 2nd April: Fruits Basket Standard Edition (Blu-ray)
  • 9th April: Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls Collection (DVD, Blu-ray)

May 2018:

• 7th May: GATE Collection (DVD, Blu-ray)

While only DVD releases for Girls und Panzer der Film and Norn 9 are listed above, the titles are currently available to purchase on Blu-ray now. Both seasons of Log Horizon will also be released as a single Blu-ray collection on 27 November 2017.

Are you looking forward to picking up any of these releases?

Continue reading...

All distributors seem to be affected by Xmas push backs this year. GATE is a real shame I was hoping to have that in January. I suppose I can wait.

It's annoyed us as well. The biggest problem has been waiting for ages on art approvals which then causes the delay. Monster Musume is in the process of being manufactured so will definitely be out soon. Depending on the speed we may be lucky with stock arriving before Christmas.

You know how astronomers have to account for the effects of special relativity when calculating the positions and times of distant objects?

Reading a list like this requires a similar offset: one has to add a variable to each proposed date.

Back