MVM Acquire Sankarea

VoxPhantom

Stand User
MVM announce Sankarea for 2013 release

MVM have used their website to reveal that they have acquired Studio Deen's 2012 anime, Sankarea, with a view to releasing it later this year. The show, an adaption of a manga by Mitsuru Hattori, is currently licensed in the US by Funimation.

The ink is still drying on the contract, but we're delighted to announce that Sankarea has been snagged for release by MVM later this year.

Sankarea is a critically acclaimed 12 episode series which aired in Japan in 2012. This fresh take on zombie culture centres around Chihiro Furuya, a male high school student with a keen interest in zombies.

Following the death of his pet cat, Bābu, he attempts to revive it using an old manuscript, which describes the process of creating a potion for resurrection. At this time, he encounters a girl named Rea Sanka, who has run away from home. In an attempt to commit suicide, she drinks a sample of the "resurrection" potion which is created from the poisonous Hydrangea macrophylla flower, though this fails to kill her. Following an argument with her father, she falls from a cliff by accident and dies. However, as a result of the potion, she becomes a zombie who eats hydrangea leaves.

I turns funny and moving, this is one to watch out for!

Release dates and artwork will follow as we firm them up.

/quote]

Source.

Re: MVM announce Sankarea for 2013 release

Never really heard of it but its nice to get new releases.

I guess this week might get busy today and tomorrow with more licenses. Anime Limited is announcing something too i suppose and with Manga Uk podcast tomorrow, you never now whats coming cause in the latest editions, i think there were always new annoucements so lets see whats gonna happen.

I'll preorder when amazon gets it on their site, first day buy for me :thumb:

Well this is surprising, wouldn't have thought for a second that this would be something that MVM would pick up.
I'm guessing this also all but guarantees that Funi will be releasing their set soon.

I highly doubt that MVM will be going the BD route with this one though. I doubt that there would be enough demand for it here anyway, so I'll probably give MVM's release a miss unless they say they will.

Never watched it, was to engrossed with Korean Zombie Desk Cars at the time, and felt that it was just going to be a mash up between that and Mysterious Girlfriend X

animefreak17 said:
i doubt it'll be as awesome as HOTD
It's a very different show to Highschool of the Dead. I really enjoyed it, though there were some superfluous episodes later on towards the end that screwed up the pacing. In amongst the rom-zom-com hijinks is a very dark and surprisingly disturbing story. Combined with a great sense of style I thought it really stood out.

I want a Cornetto now.

I have watched some of it, half way through. It's something different but it didn't grab me wanting me to watch the next episode so I have put it on hold. Might pick this up. Well done MVM!

Damn it MVM! This came into my mind earlier this week wondering when it'll be released by Funimation.

Shall be getting. :)

Back