Muslims offended by picture of dog on police adverts

Sy

Time-Traveller
A postcard featuring a cute puppy sitting in a policeman's hat advertising a Scottish police force's new telephone number has sparked outrage from Muslims.
The advert has upset Muslims because dogs are considered ritually unclean and has sparked such anger that some shopkeepers in Dundee have refused to display the advert.
article-1030798-01CF01ED00000578-898_468x338.jpg

Full article here.

So does this mean we can say goodbye to the Andrex puppy and the Dulux dog? Seems absolutely crazy to me but then again maybe I'm wrong. It seems like no matter what you do these days you're going to offend somebody.

The rules on sniffer dogs are also being looked into as Muslims do not wish to be sniffed by them, now this is rediculous the sniffer dogs check for drugs and bombs and sniff everyone. They are there for everyones safety and I do not see why it should be one rule for them and one for us, or else drug smugglers will just dress as muslims and then claim a human rights violation if they are arrested for trafficing of dangerous and/or illegal substances.

McIcy said:
The rules on sniffer dogs are also being looked into as Muslims do not wish to be sniffed by them, now this is rediculous the sniffer dogs check for drugs and bombs and sniff everyone. They are there for everyones safety and I do not see why it should be one rule for them and one for us, or else drug smugglers will just dress as muslims and then claim a human rights violation if they are arrested for trafficing of dangerous and/or illegal substances.
No sniffing dogs? full body scans to them all!!! they did put me in a line to have a chest x-ray when I got to UK.

Gacha said:
Oh bollocks to this I'am offended by muslims being offended at every little thing.

I SECOND THAT!!

an im beginning to get seriously pissed off with their whole race.
they come over in droves, demand laws to be bent on the account of "its my religion" and they complain at every little thing!

Simple thing to them all is....not being racist, but if it all bothers you so much, **** off back to were you came from and leave us to our humble lives :twisted: pricks.

Just thinking about it. im making my own religion and gunna use a small place of worship (my dads shed) to preach. and i'll exclaim i have stupid rights, if its okay for them then its fuckin good enough for me too. and the best bit....i can't be deported :lol:

ffs
that's all i can really say.
If we went over and asked for stupid liberties for being Christian we'd be told to **** right off.

Tachi- said:
Gacha said:
Oh bollocks to this I'am offended by muslims being offended at every little thing.

I SECOND THAT!!

an im beginning to get seriously pissed off with their whole race.
they come over in droves, demand laws to be bent on the account of "its my religion" and they complain at every little thing!

Simple thing to them all is....not being racist, but if it all bothers you so much, **** off back to were you came from and leave us to our humble lives :twisted: pricks.

Thing is not all of them are like that i'm getting along well with this muslim girl shes nice you have to ask who really is raising all this ******** because most muslims i run into are nice people.

well it all depends on how orthodox they take their religion, and you find that the more orthodox ones are given them a bad name.

somehow I can see another installment of the 'Birmingham Riots'

Islam isn't a race...

Anyway the point of sniffer dogs isn't that the people being sniffed get to enjoy it. I'm sure people afraid of dogs would prefer they weren't used too but if people will do bad things and require investigating then it's something everyone has to put up with.

Just the usual nutcase vocal minority of extreme muslims who haven't worked out how to fit in with the rest of society stirring up trouble, whilst all the more relaxed ones facepalm at their reputation going down the drain as a result.

And that dog looks like a stuffed toy, how cuddly!

R

And again religion gets in the way of real life goings-on (I couldn't think of a better way to put it).

I just hope that religious organisations NEVER get a foothold in the door of Government. It seems they're trying as hard as they can... If the UK turned into a USA situation - religion wise - I'd just have to move country. It's absolutely disgusting. I still don't understand why Scientology hasn't been denounced as not being a religion - by the UK Government, like it has been in other European countries. The damage it's done in the US and is doing in the UK is abominable.

Rui said:
Islam isn't a race...

I was referring to they are of a different race, and there's bound to be a "its racist" comment made from some deluded person in the world :roll:

I'd like to just point out that i didn't mean all muslims :(
i meant the obnoxious, extremist ones.
I apologise for not making myself clear.

and the dog looks cute, if thats "dirty" in their eyes then i'd like to see their 'High' standards being maintained when i see some of them spitting on the streets...

Ryo Chan said:
Tachi- said:
Ryo Chan said:
McIcy said:
Its like the Crusades all over again lol

where's King Richard? i could go get my Horse and Lance if you want?

:eek: you have a lance too?, thought only i had one.... duth thou wantest a joust?

one would rather challenge oneself to an archery contest.

However thou shalt not allow one Robin Hood to enter

the point and aim is parrallel to that of the head of the arrow and archer,
thus, one is not thee competition of thou.

Back