Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai

chaos

The Boss
For those of you that are unfamiliar with Musashi Miyamoto, I'll simply say that this is a Production IG anime (Ghost in the Shell, Kill Bill) written by Mamoru Oshii (Ghost in the Shell, Patlabor movies) and directed by Nishikubo Mizuho (Littl' Bits, Miyuki, Zillion and Megami Tensei OAVs). From those names alone you know you can expect great things on the technical department, such as great animation.

For those of you familiar with Musashi, little is to be said as well. Musashi has been labeled the greatest samurai of all times. He is allegedly undefeated, having fought dozens of duels in a time where losing meant dismemberment or death. A novel by Eiji Yoshikawa is the first attempt to bring him to western audiences, when in Japan, Musashi has been portayed in several animes, games and mangas.

Edit: fixed the name of the screenwriter and director. Thanks to Turtleheart for pointing it out.

Oh, for the love of celshadow, this film is written by Oshii Mamoru. It's directed by Nishikubo Mizuho (Littl' Bits, Miyuki, Zillion and Megami Tensei OAVs, Atagoal and various things which made it to the continent but not to here nor the USA).

I'm sorry if I've been unduly irritated by this but this isn't first time within the last few days that I've come across this mistake, or otherwise omission of the names of any staff other than Oshii, even that of the director.

Turtleheart said:
Oh, for the love of celshadow, this film is written by Oshii Mamoru. It's directed by Nishikubo Mizuho (Littl' Bits, Miyuki, Zillion and Megami Tensei OAVs, Atagoal and various things which made it to the continent but not to here nor the USA).

I'm sorry if I've been unduly irritated by this but this isn't first time within the last few days that I've come across this mistake, or otherwise omission of the names of any staff other than Oshii, even that of the director.

And I stand corrected. Thanks for pointing that out, I've got the news from somewhere else and clearly I've got my facts wrong.
http://www.productionig.com/contents/ne ... index.html

A Musashi anime, that sounds great. I've read the book & seen the trilogy of movies so an anime would be fitting. Can't wait!

Back