High School DxD
Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation
Infinite Stratos
Maken-Ki!
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Sword Art Online
Tenchi Muyo + War on Geminar spin-off
The World God Only Knows

All of the above have at least 5-7+ girls.

Out of the ones I've listed if you combine War on Geminar with Tenchi Muyo that should total around 12+ female waifus.

I'm afraid that I'm not all that experienced in the world of waifus. Do they have to be shows with a large population of characters generally acknowledged to be waifu material to different people, or does it directly reflect upon the taste of the person doing the nomination? Basically am I confessing to my own dark harem fantasies by participating?

R

Rui said:
I'm afraid that I'm not all that experienced in the world of waifus. Do they have to be shows with a large population of characters generally acknowledged to be waifu material to different people, or does it directly reflect upon the taste of the person doing the nomination? Basically am I confessing to my own dark harem fantasies by participating?

R

There aren't really any rules, anyone who says so takes it way too seriously IMO. I know there are people who take it seriously but I just think it's fun.

Also, forgot to mention OreImo. The waifu wars in that show are like salt mines. Also, good call on Madoka Grav, totally forgot that one.

I've always been happy to settle for quality over quantity.

dirty-pairylrwt.jpg

Rui said:
Ah, now you have come to the issue truly at the heart of the thread!

We want to know what the phrase "Most Waifus" means to you!

I could see people saying that a show has the "most waifus" or that a character is the "most waifu" - but definitely we're looking for your own nominations from your darkest fantasies if they are on offer.

Nisekoi has a lot of waifus; to the point that Manga UK even had a poll for people to vote for their best girl. In particular, asking people to choose between Chitoge and Kosaki, or choose their favourite Onodera sister, will generate an argument so toxic it could kill an elephant.

If it wasn't an absolute trainwreck, I'd say The Asterisk War as me and a friend actually jokingly refer to it as The Waifu War. Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test Platoon would be a candidate if not for Usagi being 110% objectively best girl in the show.

Abrahamsimpson.gif

I honestly have no idea what I've walked in to :lol: I think this is an area of fandom I generally overlook!

I remember when I was younger loving the Tenchi Muyo cast, especially Ryoko, then enjoying the variety of female characters on offer in Love Hina.

I don't know what defines a waifu (the entire concept baffles and scares me), but one of the characters in Heavy Object has a fiance and a literal boat full of maids...

Shame the show is absolute rubbish.

Shows with most actual waifus would also be an interesting list. However I think the current Gundam show has it on lock down since one of the characters is married to every member of his spaceship's crew.

Professor Irony said:
While you are a man of wealth and taste Prof, I feel this answer doesn't adequately address the problem at hand. We could, as you have done, opt for a franchise with a low volume of high quality waifus. We could also choose something with a great number of low quality waifus. A kind of waifu Wal-Mart, if you will.

However, I believe if we are to find the MOST waifu this is clearly a case of finding the best "bang for buck" (if you'll excuse the potentially crude in context use of the phrase). If the average waifu quality is 10/10 and the quantity is 2, as in your example, this would give a score of 20. But if the average waifu quality is 7/10 and the quantity is 10, that would give a score of 70. It is therefore my understanding that by lowering the quality slightly whilst significantly increasing the quantity, we can find the most waifu.

[spoilerbutton]
FmXXns7.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Boom.

ayase said:
Professor Irony said:
It is therefore my understanding that by lowering the quality slightly whilst significantly increasing the quantity, we can find the most waifu.

[spoilerbutton]
FmXXns7.jpg
[/spoilerbutton]
Boom.

Hah! Well played sir.

ilmaestro said:
Shows with most actual waifus would also be an interesting list. However I think the current Gundam show has it on lock down since one of the characters is married to every member of his spaceship's crew.
Naze Turbine is a God among men.

Sidonia warrants a mention not least because practically every female character is a potential waifu for the talented but somewhat dull Tanikaze.

Izana, Shizuka including her alien clone, Yuhata, the Honoka Series girls (all 10/11 of them), the Garde commander who wants to synthisize with him, and probably the mechanic girl, the captain, and Izana's grandmother as well.

And then there's the undisputed best girl/waifu of them all (s2 spoiler)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back