Most Expensive month of the year for gamers

Tachi

Mushi-shi
So with all of the big selling games out this month, what have/will you be buying?

So far i've got MW3 and looking forward to Assassins Creed Revelations, should be getting Uncharted 3 and battlefield 3 soon!

With Skyrim around the corner (11.11.11) i know alot of gamers are holding their temptation to buy the other great games out this month and buying Skyrim instead (not knowing what all the hype is about i'll be sat on the sideline on that one)

Many 360 fans of the series will be happy to see another installment as Halo 4 is released in 5 days too.

Yeah it's a busy month for me. I have to get SenBasa Utage, and the OST, and the mini albums, and all of the other merchandise for it :O

Fortunately I prepaid for most of it so it's just a matter of waiting for deliveries now.

R

Hoping to get the following,

Fate/Extra (PSP)
Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii)
Red Dead Redemption GOTY (PS3)

Might also get Disgaea 4 at some point.

Not interested in COD:MW3, BF3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed Revelations or Uncharted.

Tachi said:
mangaman74 said:
Not interested in COD:MW3, BF3, Skyrim, Assassins Creed Revelations or Uncharted.

Has a heart attack.

Don't really like FPSs and not got previous AC & Uncharted games. After watching my brother play previous Elder Scrolls games don't think I want the new one.

Last point - I have a backlog of games to play anyway so no point in getting all theses at full price when I could get them cheaper at a later date.

Halo 4 isn't released at all ths year, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is released later this month though, and it's only about 20-30 quid. So cheaper overall ;p

As for this month, yeah it is expensive. I have a fair list to pick up

Tales of the Abyss
Skyrim(though i'll wait for that)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword(already ordered)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(I want my Phoenix Wright)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North(looks really nice from the playthrough i'm seeing)

And...that's all of the top of my head now. I have more planned i'm sure, but i need to re-check.

Modern Warfare 3 is a waste of money, The single player shouldn't exist, and it has a painful field of view stuck at 65 degrees. So yeah, i'd never buy it. Uncharted 3 i'll consider when i get some more money, Battlefield 3 is one i'd pick up, when it's at a budget price and the bugs are sorted, and i've not played Assassins Creed at all, so i'm not getting the next.

Arbalest said:
Halo 4 isn't released at all ths year, Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary is released later this month though, and it's only about 20-30 quid. So cheaper overall ;p

As for this month, yeah it is expensive. I have a fair list to pick up

Tales of the Abyss
Skyrim(though i'll wait for that)
Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword(already ordered)
Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3(I want my Phoenix Wright)
Lord of the Rings: War in the North(looks really nice from the playthrough i'm seeing)

And...that's all of the top of my head now. I have more planned i'm sure, but i need to re-check.

Modern Warfare 3 is a waste of money, The single player shouldn't exist, and it has a painful field of view stuck at 65 degrees. So yeah, i'd never buy it. Uncharted 3 i'll consider when i get some more money, Battlefield 3 is one i'd pick up, when it's at a budget price and the bugs are sorted, and i've not played Assassins Creed at all, so i'm not getting the next.

COD:MW3 is getting slated by usings at Metacric according to an artice on Metro,
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/88109 ... itic-score

The console versions are rated at less than 3 while the PC version is getting less than 1.5. Maybe people are getting fed up with full priced updates like MW and Fifa.

It's only me that's looking forward to the Metal Gear HD Collection out this month?

Skyrim will be great too; but I won't be able to play it for a while. But definately getting myself the Metal Gear HD Collection - I'm itching to replay MGS2~

Yeah, that is about right. the PC version hasn't even had any official reviews last i checked, and after seeing some of it, i can see why. The textures are basically rehashed from the first MW, dedicated servers are there, but screwed over. And they took the original upgrade system instead of the "decent" Black Ops one. It was as predicted mind you, everyone expected that MW3 would be the beginning of the end for CoD, and this is showing itself really well.

@Shira: That was another one actually which was on my list. Though i'm not sure as to when i'd pick it up. Money limits my choices =/

The only game I've bought this month is Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, and the only other game I'll be buying between now and year's end is Uncharted 3. Most of the "big" releases will be half price by January, so I don't see the point beyond "must have it nowwww" compulsions that I seem to have under control.

Alright, i knew there was a Halo, was taking a gamble with saying 4 :p

Whats the difference between the halo coming out and the ones already out then?

Also, why is there so much hype from the edler scrolls Skyrim? Personally i don't see much difference between them apart from you now have to kill a dragon. If it was a MMORPG rather than the generic RPG's i've seen so many times before.

I've followed AC from the beginning and since the cliff hanger from Brotherhood i'm really looking forward to it :) it seems to get back to the ways of AC1 too from the trailers i've seen but with the multiplayer modes and the greater additions which made brotherhood so much fun to play. SO far i'd say they are yet to let me down.

Uncharted 3 i'm eagerly awaiting payday for, the first 2 games brought back that buzz i used to get in the 90's when playing tomb raider but with better graphics, a storyline and likeable characters, supernatural add-ons and the whole adventure feel is there, rather than an out and out gunfight every few minutes.

MW3 i'm not going to get overly stressed over comments about it, i enjoy the series and from what i played of it lastnight i can see me enjoying it for many an hour. Better equips and being able to change the sights?! brilliant, now i can be even more adaptable, snipe with a assault rifle from cover or go in like a kamikaze nutter? I'm beside myself lol.

I prefer to play offline than online with COD, the elitist attitude online if annoying, having friends round and killing each other is much more fun and i enjoy the spec ops missions, survivor mode also spices it up.

What i meant for CoD was that, in Black Ops, you could choose from any weapon, and instead of having to wait until the weapon level hit x, you could decide where to spend points to upgrade the weapon, instead of it being a "wait to now to get this". So it enabled far more customisation. Now it's basically gone and made using new weapon unlocks silly straight away since you won't have the good stuff for a while.

Skyrim isn't generic really in any respect. The one thing Bethesda does do, is make a good RPG. You don't really choose a class, you build it yourself. Considering also it is heavily story driven, it also is no longer scripted(Dragons can come into any city and destroy it, or the farmland outside it) and that basically means your general experience of the game, is completely different. It's the small updates here and there, alterations to the skills/magic and such which make the game so hyped. Dragon killing and such of course plays a part to.

Halo: Combat Evolved was the original Halo, the one which basically helped to bring in FPS fully into the consoles(and it did, next to goldeneye/perfect dark). Halo just hit it's 10 year anniversary so they have remastered the game for the 360. Adding also the ability to switch between the remastered look and original look as you play at any time(much like the Monkey Island remasters). I personally can't wait to get a hold of the most overpowered weapon in the game again(the pistol with x2 zoom)

Also, why is there so much hype from the edler scrolls Skyrim? Personally i don't see much difference between them apart from you now have to kill a dragon. If it was a MMORPG rather than the generic RPG's i've seen so many times before.

I can't really add any more to what Arby says here:

Arbalest said:
Skyrim isn't generic really in any respect. The one thing Bethesda does do, is make a good RPG. You don't really choose a class, you build it yourself. Considering also it is heavily story driven, it also is no longer scripted(Dragons can come into any city and destroy it, or the farmland outside it) and that basically means your general experience of the game, is completely different. It's the small updates here and there, alterations to the skills/magic and such which make the game so hyped. Dragon killing and such of course plays a part to.

I'm totally psyched for Skyrim. I've been waiting so long for it to finally get here... <3 Many hours will be lost in this game. Many hours.

I'll be buying The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Limited Edition) and possibly Super Mario 3D Land. Already have the former pre-ordered.

Shirayuri said:
It's only me that's looking forward to the Metal Gear HD Collection out this month?

Skyrim will be great too; but I won't be able to play it for a while. But definately getting myself the Metal Gear HD Collection - I'm itching to replay MGS2~

Well I already have 2 and 3, I'll rent to give Peace Walker a try but it would be a tad wasteful for me.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
Well I already have 2 and 3, I'll rent to give Peace Walker a try but it would be a tad wasteful for me.

So do I, but it'll be great to play them done back up in HD <3 Plus, it's not really that much to pay when you consider you're getting 3 games. And i've never played Peace Walker; so that'll be nice too.

mangaman74 said:
Hoping to get the following,

Fate/Extra (PSP)

Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword (Wii)
Red Dead Redemption GOTY (PS3)

Might also get Disgaea 4 at some point.

Planetaxel sent me an email saying Fate/Extra Limited Edition has been shipped :D

Back