Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Angelic Layer #7 (ADV)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Paul

Ghost of Animes
Administrator
With April just around the corner, it promises to be the most outstanding month for UK anime that I have known.

Kino's Journey and Kiddy Grade will be celebrating their concluding volumes, while the likes of Gungrave, Haibane Renmei and Witch Hunter Robin are set to make their UK debuts.

And if this isn't enough for you; there are also the latest volumes of Cowboy Bebop, Last Exile, Stand Alone Complex, Evangelion Platinum and Azumanga Daioh for you to druel over!

It's impossible for me to select my most wanted anime out of this landmark month, but at a push, I'm siding with the UK debut of Gungrave. It's a fantastic mafia anime, but emcompasses so much more too; friendship, betrayal, ambition and greed.

What's your favourite?

The more I think about it, the harder it is to choose, Kiddy Grade and Kino's Journey are definite buys, and I'd like to check out Witch Hunter Robin, S-CRY-ed and the next volumes of Last Exile and Azumanga Daioh (once I catch up). Time to start saving...

Welll whilst I highly recommend Kiddy Grade 8 & Haibane Renmei as I've just recently got through the review discs, and Last Exile, Gits SAC & Kino are all must buys still for me the most highly anticipated has got to be New Fist Of The North Star! :D

Just cannot wait all the cheesy goodness of FOTNS on a top flight budget... how can you go wrong!

now that is a difficult decision. as much as i'm dying to see the latest Cowboy Bebop and remastered NGE, Last Exile took my breath away last time and i just know it's going to be amazing this time around. suffice to say i'm saving my cash up already - April is going to be one hell of an expensive month.

Im not sure to be honest, Its a toss up between Gungrave and Scryed but seeing as Scryed is apparently going to have an art box then Ill probably get it.

Gotta be Gungrave. I've been hearing good things about that show, and I loved Trigun.

I might have said the last volume of Kino's Journey, but personally, I'm waiting for them to release a compilation set similar to what they did with Hellsing (which is selling at Amazon UK for 41 quid. That's almost half what it would have cost originally, buying in-store).

mine are gungrave and Stratos as ive not seen these seire yet and i hear stratos is getting a boxset too.

Im surprized you didnt add Ghost In The Shell - Stand Alone Complex #3 in the vote

If it's any consolation for you, I've added Angelic Layer to the poll now. I have to admit I just haven't been following Angelic Layer, but it sounds good none the less (especially since it's another anime from studio BONES!).

Ive mainly been enjoying it becuase its based on the manga by CLAMP. I dont usually give a second thought to who animated it.

Apprently ADV have been trying to get Angelic Layer shown on Childrens TV, and i think it would work very well on CBBC or even a digital channel like Toonami (though it wouldnt fit in with Toonamis "all action cartoons" premise, but they dont seem to care about that any more)

Back