More new licences from Manga Entertainment

I may be getting my shows confused here, but isn't XAM'D a few years old now?

If so, KUDOS to Manga for picking it up!

Quite enjoyed Nabari no Ou, well, until towards the end anyway. Haven't seen XAM'D, but I've heard good things, from when it was up on PSN.

It's an ONA (released on PSN) and it came out in America before Japan.
Disk release was in September '10 in the US and February '11 in Australia.

Well, technically the first half of it was released before japan, after episode 14 there was a delay, so that the TV airing in japan could catch up, so after that i believe it was airing on US PSN at the same time as japans tv airings.

Regardless. Xam'd getting a release here is long overdue, granted it only really got it's DVD/BD release in japan started...last year i think? if not end of 09. Glad i held out a bit to pick up the Blu-Ray.

Already got the US BD of Xam'd, but I'll get Nabari no Ou from them, as long as it's released in 2 parts maximum. Though that's likely from their recent history.

Though why do they say Series 1 when there is only one series?

The complaint Manga had about the FMA Brotherhood bd problem (people buying the region A version first) was that people should wait for their release.

I got Part 1 of Xam'd on blu-ray back in October 2010. By the time Part 1 gets released over here that will make it a wait of over half a year - and they wonder why people buy region A releases :roll:

Was Xam'd not one of the very first shows they where basically produced for HD broadcasting and BD-release?

Doc said:
Was Xam'd not one of the very first shows they where basically produced for HD broadcasting and BD-release?
First made exclusively for PSN (i.e digital distro').
Nothing like the first made in HD though.

Kanon (oct '06) is one the first, two years earlier. As is Code Geass, same season as Kanon.
Mai HiME is HD as well, that's the oldest I know of, that isn't from film masters (CCS dvds are from a HD source).

Reaper gI said:
Doc said:
First made exclusively for PSN (i.e digital distro').

Kanon (oct '06) is one the first, two years earlier. As is Code Geass, same season as Kanon.
Mai HiME is HD as well, that's the oldest I know of, that isn't from film masters (CCS dvds are from a HD source).

Wow, Mai HiME to? It dosen´t look like :D

I´m a bit sorry that they never brought Xam´d to the european marketplace. MUBI would be a wonderful platform to provide animes.

mangaman74 said:
I got Part 1 of Xam'd on blu-ray back in October 2010. By the time Part 1 gets released over here that will make it a wait of over half a year - and they wonder why people buy region A releases :roll:
Well, the difference between Xam'd and FMA: Brotherhood is that the latter was region-free and very cheap from PlayUSA (though I still believe the import factor has been overstated). Relatively few people in the UK will have region A players, and everyone else has no choice but to wait.

Xam'd is a maybe. It doesn't strike me as essential viewing but I'm eager to support UK Blu-ray releases where possible. The other one is a resounding no.

Reaper gI said:

Ergo Proxy (Feb '06) was the first anime I was aware of as being HD, as in "wow, the video nearly fills the whole screen without me enlarging it".

Back