Monster: the manga

I know that quite a few of us here love the anime Monster, but has anyone else read the manga? I've just started, and since its 18 volumes long, is it worth reading or should I wait for the series to finish. I'm just so enthralled by the story that the week waiting for next episode is painful. :cry:

I've got Monster bookmarked ready to read after the anime!
I have been tempted so many times to find out what happens after the revelations in episode 44 but I really want to keep the suspense up and so I'm resisting :lol:
Plus I'm not a big fan of scanlations, I much prefer a book in my hands!!
I think if you read it now, it will spoil the anime, as there are bound to be many more exciting revelations etc.

There was a rumour last year that Viz has bought the license to the Monster manga but I can't find out anymore information, does anyone know if it's still a rumour, or if Viz are actually going to be releasing it?

Hi

No, I have no idea what Monster is about, but everyone seems to love it. My friends won't let me see /read it 'cause it's "too dark for me".

Re: Hi

cercia said:
No, I have no idea what Monster is about, but everyone seems to love it. My friends won't let me see /read it 'cause it's "too dark for me".
How old are you then? I can't see why you wouldn't enjoy Monster, as long as you're at least 15!

BTW As no one ever responded to my question on an official release, I'll tell you all instead! It's due out in October!

if it is released by Viz, that's not necessarily a good thing since their stuff is a bugger to find (i've been waiting four whole months for some Viz manga to arrive). that said, the merger with Gollancz might make it a bit easier to get hold of. Monster definitely sounds intriguing and worth tracking down though.

Back