Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin – Interview

J

Josh A. Stevens

From the Anime UK News vault, we present an interview with Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin producer Osamu Taniguchi and mechanical designer Mika Akitaka from MCM Comic Con in May 2016!

Continue reading...

Nice read. I thought the bit about old and new audiences was interesting - I imagine a lot of people would think The Origin is a good starting point for new UC fans, and in a way it is, but personally I think it has a lot more impact when you're already familiar with the characters from MSG, Zeta and CCA.

It has been a fantastic quality series as well, I wonder how many episodes there'll end up being by the end?

Nice read. I thought the bit about old and new audiences was interesting - I imagine a lot of people would think The Origin is a good starting point for new UC fans, and in a way it is, but personally I think it has a lot more impact when you're already familiar with the characters from MSG, Zeta and CCA.

It has been a fantastic quality series as well, I wonder how many episodes there'll end up being by the end?
To be honest, I was quite thrown off by that reply. Usually with these things, the people behind them want to attract as many newcomers as possible.

Also, my highlight was without a doubt Akitaka suddenly perking up once he realised a question was specifically directed at him. When I'm interviewing more than one person, I like to try and find something I can ask about each of their specialities.

Back