MGS 4: Guns of the Patriots

I like Snake's new look, and the graphics really do look like some of the greatest i've ever seen. The game's concept of "nowhere to hide" sounds intriguing as well, especially after the stealth-focused last volume.

www.gametrailers.com has the new trailer from the Tokyo Game Show. I like how it is now played from a first person perspective although I don't know if there will be a 3rd person perspective. I like the way Snake and Otacon have aged since we last saw them and Snakes eye patch gadget looks cool.

This looks so damn good, I cant help but not think twice about if its Snake or not taking into account of Kojimas history of putting red herrings etc into the trailers (but thats why I love him :D)

i will say that i haven't been the biggest fan of MGS games...mainly as i haven't played them :lol: , but this look like a great title and the graphics are amazing. Maybe i might have to look at the series just to see this one....I don't mind Snakes new look, shows he still has the energy to work even when hit by old age :lol:

I followed the series since the PS2 MGS (which is still one of the best games i have ever played!) and i have thoroughly enjoyed the games since because of the immense stories and plot twists that are involved they are nothing short of brillant! So naturally i cant wait for this instalment!

Also ole Kojima is a very clever chap indeed and look at the aging on snake compared to Otacon i dont believe that this "old" snake (complete with eye patch remember) is not the Solid Snake but Big Boss! I mean it says in the trailer "X years after big shell" in roman numerals this means 10 years which could mean that its set 10 years after big shell and so Otacon shouldnt and doesnt look at frail as "Snake" does. Y'see?

kupoartist said:
Sounds great. Hopefully they'll release a PC version like with 1 and 2, because I have zero intention to waste my time with Sony's hype machine.

You should focus on the game regardless of what system it's on!

This statement could be made about any of the next-gen machines as all of the companies are keen to promote their products...

(Microsoft and Apple aren't free from this either, they're all equally guilty. But that's what business is after all! :? )

Back