Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

CitizenGeek

Guild Member
It's out today at last!

I don't own a PS3, but my 10-year-old neighbour so I convinced him to lend it to me for a week (said he wanted a loan of Dirge of Cerberus for it. Sweet deal or what?!) and I've just rented the game for 7 days at the cost of €10. Yay! I'm just waiting until he gets home so I can run over there and get the PS3!

I know this forum is quite Nintendo-centric, but surely some of you all have a PS3 and will be playing MGS4 soon?

^___^

Dirge of Cerberus for a PS3...? -facepalm-

CitizenGeek said:
I know this forum is quite Nintendo-centric
Yeah, sorry about that, we can't all heart Sony.

I have a PS3, but I've yet to really use it and I want to play MGS4, but maybe when the hype dies down a little, playing GTA4 with the hype just put me off. I know all the spoilers and crap anyway, eh.

MGS has never really interested me much, so i don't really plan on getting it at all. The only reason i'm really after a PS3 is for Disgaea 3 when its released, which should be out in the US in august at least.

CitizenGeek said:
Even if that were true, that's hardly surprising since this very game is the only one that's worth getting on PS3. No game is worth one console.

WOO

Yeah I have it. However, when i was trying to watch the opening sequence I had people talking, baby screaming etc. and it just ruined it so, I'm waiting till everyone has left the house or something till I play it. I want the full MGS Effect.

CitizenGeek said:
...I don't own a PS3, but my 10-year-old neighbour so I convinced him to lend it to me for a week (said he wanted a loan of Dirge of Cerberus for it. Sweet deal or what?!) ...
Have you no shame???!?!?! Tricking 10 yo innocent kids.... =P

Maxon said:
CitizenGeek said:
Even if that were true, that's hardly surprising since this very game is the only one that's worth getting on PS3. No game is worth one console.
OMFG, WHAT ABOUT FINAL FANTASY XIII WHICH WE HARDLY KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT!?

Just played the first 3 hours and WOW! It's amazing. Like, it really is fantastic. The gunplay is massively improved, the graphics are stunning, the story is off to a good start and it's just an awful lot of fun (speeding around in the Mk II and shocking unsuspecting soldiers into a coma is THE MOST FUN EVER!).

chaos said:

He couldn't resist Vincent Valentines awesomeness! But, I didn't really 'trick' him. He's a cool kid so he didn't mind loaning me his PS3, he would have loaned it to me either way.

Maxon said:

It is true. And that statement is spectacularly uninformed ;]

CitizenGeek said:
It is true. And that statement is spectacularly uninformed ;]
I'm looking at the first page of this forum and I see only 4 Nintendo related threads with an equal number of Sony related threads, and a hell of a lot more 360 related threads.

I'd also like it if you didn't talk down to me.

Maxon said:
I'm looking at the first page of this forum and I see only 4 Nintendo related threads with an equal number of Sony related threads, and a hell of a lot more 360 related threads.

Well, it's been my experience that AUKN's forumers have a much greater liking for Nintendo and a much greater hostility to Sony than most other gaming forums. And that silly "PS3 has no good games!" statement of yours pretty much backs that up.

I'd also like it if you didn't talk down to me.

I wasn't talking down to you. If that's how you want to see it (for dramatic purposes or whatever) then that's just fine, but I'm really doing no such thing.

CitizenGeek said:
chaos said:
He couldn't resist Vincent Valentines awesomeness! But, I didn't really 'trick' him. He's a cool kid so he didn't mind loaning me his PS3, he would have loaned it to me either way.
I've got to agree that the reason I bought dirge of cerberus without never hearing of it before was because Vince Valentine does look amazing.

CitizenGeek said:
Just played the first 3 hours and WOW! It's amazing. Like, it really is fantastic. The gunplay is massively improved, the graphics are stunning, the story is off to a good start and it's just an awful lot of fun (speeding around in the Mk II and shocking unsuspecting soldiers into a coma is THE MOST FUN EVER!).

chaos said:

BUT KIDS ARE STILL YOUNG D= They need to be guided on the right path to 'good gaming'

But still... anyway. Can you tell me what MGS4 is like... I got lots of Zavvi gift cards to knock off the price of MGS4

Chrono Mizaki said:
BUT KIDS ARE STILL YOUNG D= They need to be guided on the right path to 'good gaming'

But DoC is good gaming! :p

But still... anyway. Can you tell me what MGS4 is like... I got lots of Zavvi gift cards to knock off the price of MGS4

It's superb. The story is great so far, the weapons are amazing (and there's a new system that allows you to purchase new weapons and ammo), the return of all the characters I love is fantastic, gunplay is awesome, stealth stuff is great ... so, basically, it's very, very good. At least so far, anyway!

If you've got any specific questions about it, then I'd be glad to answer :]

Well after 10 hours of playing I think I'll take a rest.

I quite like Sunny as a character she is quite charming and is in no way irritating, she viewed as a very shy child and she has a hard time speaking since because of the way she was raised.

Lupus Inu, no more spoilers. I haven't finished the game, and Spyro201 has asked for no spoilers, too. So just stop; it's not funny and it's not clever.

As for the character of the Sunny - well, she's only been in one cutscene so far and I think she's great! Very likable!

Back