Mens Clubs... How gay is that?

skikes

Stand User
A golf club/mens club just won the right here in ireland to keep its status as a mens only club in the supreme court.

Now this i take it is supposed to be a manly hetero thing... but really how gay is that?

I mean are they are jerking eachother off or something? Why don't they want women... In belfast there was this bar close to where i grew up that didnt allow women in the downstairs main bar. This has always confused me about "mens clubs"

So this is a question to you manly heteros... do you want man only time with no puntang in sight? if so, whyyy?

Okay. i'll bite..

Search the meaning behind the word GOLF. for a start. If memory serves me correctly...its basically saying girls not on the golfing range/included in the sport.

Now you have women golfers...which sort of put the purpose of the name to a reasonless state. But anyway....there are mens clubs as there are womens only clubs. Tbh i stand by my judgement that things aren't equal between the genders;

~Diamond car insurance
~Women only Gyms

There are loadsa other things...but right now i'm too tired to think.

Anyway...until they break down the differences in genders... Where everyones equal and there isn't any "special groups for specific genders" then as far as i'm aware...those with a special group can go piss on themselves.

Sexual orientation doesn't come into it though Skikes, its physical gender thats the restriction.

lolwut?

I think your over thinking this... and its not just golf.

Why do hetero men want man only time?

Also i think theres a difference between a company taking advantage of a certain gender having less accidents(lol even though women really cant drive) or a gym for fat chicks to feel comfortable and a bar banning women.

I'd need to go to such clubs to try to understand it in hte first place, but then again, they are simply not my sort of clubs.

I've attended a mechanical training in high school, which meant I've spent a few years in a all men environment (basically because very few women studied mechanics and we had none in our class).

It was boring like hell and we spent as much time as we could bothering the girls from other rooms. Specially those studying arts.

skikes said:
Why do hetero men want man only time?

As i said before mate, Sexual orientation doesn't come into it though Skikes, its physical gender thats the restriction.

skikes said:
Also i think theres a difference between a company taking advantage of a certain gender having less accidents(lol even though women really cant drive) or a gym for fat chicks to feel comfortable and a bar banning women.

I don't think its that different really. I mean....their getting special treatment by having gender specific car insurance... (women get a lower rate on car insurance anyway!) And having a Guys only bar.
In honesty...there's a womens only bar in Luton. It used to be called Manhattans...but was taken over a couple of months ago and is not a women only area....which is bollocks IMO.

Yeah ok, its not a orientation thing... but i still don't understand a man, any man wanting to devote any significant amount of time in a man only instablishment?

You've just said its not a sexual thing, ok... then what is it?

Im not saying its wrong or its sexist(like i care) i just want to understand it.

That goes for an all womens bar too i guess... if rui's around to answer that one lol

And the diamond thing is different because they're not all going to groups and spending time with eachother.

Tbh the 19th hole is the bar....The game Golf was made as a men only sport...which is where the men only golf clubs came into it (i guess).

The point that its no longer a men only sport....i can understand why your asking why there's still men only clubs....I guess its just something to say their a part of. because usually only 3 at tops 4 people can play on the same hole anyway....So its like going and playing a sport with your friends. the point that its gender specific is just as pointless as other gender specific groups.

Im not just talking about golf... theres men only bars. The mountain view pub where i grew up was a mens only pub. For no reason, it was just a pub. And its still mens only.

Why do men want man only time. Its wierd.

Men are weird. =P

You would have to go to one of these places and ask about it. I can understand women only bars. The girls just want to enjoy a night out, without any drunk idiot trying to grab their arses.

But, me as a guy, wouldn't mind being groped by women... ;)

you only think that chaos... if it happened you afew times you probs would like it. But if the roles were reversed properly, its really not pleasant.

Ive been groped i dont know how many times and its really ******* disgusting. Ive actually had a guy stick his hand down my boxers... he ended up with a black eye and hair full of vodka and cranberry... waste of a drink.

like I said, it's not that I can't understand women wanting to have a bar for themselves.

As for me, that was a tongue in cheek comment. I'd probably just few unconfortable in such situation and not really sure what to do.

A punch to the nose surely comes to mind if it's a guy, but if it were a girl, I'm not sure how I'd react. I'm pretty shy myself.

Aww come on Chaos, bet after a few jagerbombs you become a ladiesman. :p

Anyway. Such established special treatment shouldn't exist unless people are willing to pay above the normal fee's to join.

My grandad (dad's side) is part of a special group at the club over the world. but thats a different club....thats a ex forces club, and they allow family members in free of charge. so its not gender specific. Just a group that to be a member, you have to be in the forces.

I know it was tongue in check... but was just making point...

The main subject still hasnt been cleared up AT ALL, not even a little bit lol

I believe that's because no one outside those said groups know what's going on. I don't believe any of us in here are part of said groups.

Yeah, there are lots of cock fights in these threads at times. Girls aren't banned however, they're just scared of your ball pit Skikes. lol
I for one aren't here for girls anyway, I'm just here for the crack....

*no pun intended* :roll:

Retro is still active on MAL at least. Dunno about the others though. I also see PandaZ being quite active also. But I guess in a way skikes was right about the sausage fest. There is alot more male orientated convs going on in the forum. Maybe they just drifted away after a lack of love story chat etc? (stab in the dark)

Maybe, it's just because the larger anime/manga fan base is male in the UK.

i beg to disagree with the number of girls at expos and conventions. Must be the case that most girls are not into forums / discussions. Simply like that.

lol Anyone that wants to talk about anime....and see girls/get a gf........Go to 4chan. desperate times call for desperate people to take desperate measures.

Back