Melody of Oblivion - Gainax

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Well, I did say I watch far too much anime :lol:

Decided on this one to watch last night, weirdness personified :p
Anyone else seen it?

It starts off as a seemingly normal futuristic , monsters fight humans and win, so earth in turmoil kinda thing but the whole thing takes a strange turn and the main character (Bokka) who seems to be about 14 or 15 suddenly becomes a great Melos Warrior and gets given a cooler bike than even Akira has :lol: , he then goes around the country tracking down and detroying monsters, who look wholely human!

I've only seen the first 8 episodes so far and although it is totally weird, it's weird in a good way - I think!! There are a few fan service type females in it but the scenes are quite laughable rather than erotic :lol:

Just wondered if anyone else has views on it?

I watched it all ;) The first half of MoO is actually very good, kind of like Kino's Journey with fan-service.

The second half was a total disappoitment though. Gainax forgot what story they were trying to tell and it all becomes a random mesh of extreme fan-service (the girls have interesting ways of powering up their arrows!) and a load of pointless side stories that don't resolve very much.

I don't want to put you off though. Let me know what you think of it when you finish.

I will watch it all, there's enough there at the moment not to be put off by fan service :lol:
Besides Megumi Ogata voices Bokka, so it's worth finishing for that reason alone :D

Back