MegaCon Carlisle

MegaCon

Hikikomori
I'll start off with an apology, as I've clearly came on here to shamelessly advertise. Sorry! Here's the standard website blurb...

MEGACON TAKES OVER CARLISLE AUGUST 18TH
The first event of its size ever seen in Carlisle, Megacon is a one-day only popular culture convention mounted by Waterstones in association with Diamond Distributors. The manga and graphic novel-focused con will take place between 1 and 6 pm at Richard Rose academy in the centre of the border city. Presently confirmed guests include acclaimed ‘Fatale’ and ‘Marvel Zombies’ artist Sean Phillips, former 2000AD editor and writer-creator of ‘The Losers’ Andy Diggle.

In addition to panels, signings, and workshops for all-ages, Megacon shines a spotlight on independent talent with ‘Indie Alley’ – a portion of the venue solely devoted to an exhibition of small-press and self-publishing comic/manga companies from across the UK. Box-fresh imprint Disconnected Press and established publisher Accent UK will be among illustrators, writers, and retailers presenting new work.

Organized in reaction to the lack of conventions in the North-West of England, Megacon is the only show in the region to bring together science fiction, comics, manga, gaming, roleplaying and toys for one epic celebration. All this as well as art competitions, cosplay, Magic the Gathering, YuGiOh card tournaments and much more. Megacon is an ambitious new venture with something for every geek. Carlisle is ready to reach Nerdvana!

http://www.facebook.com/megaconcarlisle

And me just speaking personally, I've loved making this convention and our previous 'recon' events (before it was mega) have always been great fun. Diamond Comics (who supply loads of manga in the UK) host the evening and he puts on a great 'manga night' as they were known. So we're all just wanting the same again on a convention size scale, trying to break into big boy territory like Glasgow Comic Con or Thought Bubble. Loads of stalls, cosplay, asian food, art competitions, portfolio reviews etc. Please check us out!

Back