MCM October 2013 Licenses & Discussion Thread

Peachy

Bumpkin
Hey all! Thought I'd make a thread about all the upcoming news. I'll update as information becomes available :)

MANGA ENTERTAINMENT
Licenses
Dragon Ball GT - (This will be released across two box sets, coming in January and March)
Naruto Shippuden: The Lost Tower (This will be released in February 2014 as a DVD and DVD/Blu-Ray combo)
Psycho Pass - (To be released in two parts on DVD and Blu-Ray, hopefully in spring 2014)
Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo - (will be released at the end of March on DVD and Blu-Ray)

Live Action Movies
Hentai Kamen

General News
- Steins;Gate movie is being "worked on" for a UK release.
- Attack on Titan will receive a DVD and Blu-Ray release in the UK in 2014.

ANIME LTD
Licenses
Hal

MVM
Licenses
Infinite Stratos
Dusk Maiden Of Amnesia
BTOOOM!
Ikki Tousen: Great Guardians
Ikki Tousen: Xtreme Xecutor
Night Raid 1931
Girls Und Panzer
Hakuoki series 1-3 and the OAV's
Campione
Familiar of Zero (3 Seasons)
From the New World

credit: https://twitter.com/ukanime

NormanicGrav said:
Wow Ikki Tousen GG and XX, this is going to amuse the BBFC a lot.

Well I don't think they have an issue with topless girls beating each other up, it's always been the ones that look underage that cause cuts, should we expect a lot of that in GG and XX?

Rosencrantz said:
NormanicGrav said:
Wow Ikki Tousen GG and XX, this is going to amuse the BBFC a lot.

Well I don't think they have an issue with topless girls beating each other up, it's always been the ones that look underage that cause cuts, should we expect a lot of that in GG and XX?

Well Great Guardians has Battle Tour Club Sexy Cosplays, Dangerous Jobs Episodes 1-6 which I'm guessing is similar to the OVA episodes of DD. I honestly haven't watched Ikki Tousen so I can't really comment on the content.

My thoughts so far on the licenses (will be updated as it goes along):
- Since there's no BD in Australia for Hakuoki (S1 and 2), IS and Night Raid, the UK version will be DVD only. Sentai's is A-locked but can be bypassed (plus IS has some CDs so I'll pick that version).
- As BTOOOM!, Dusk Maiden of Amnesia and Girls und Panzer are already B compatible from Sentai's, the AU version will just import the discs (and the CDs for DMoA's case). These will be DVD only here most likely.
- Ikki Tousen is only on DVD (XX has a BD version but Funi will probably release it only on DVD) so no comments here.
- It's possible for Hakuoki Season 3 to get a BD release here but I'm gonna pass on the series.

Rosencrantz said:
I assume we've had nothing from Manga and Anime Ltd because they are scheduled to announce later in the day?

Yup, that's right. They're both part of the Industry Panel at 15:30 (I think?) ..for some reason, MVM aren't.

3 slots left it seems. I wonder if they'll count Railgun and Index as a single slot?

Come on, someone needs to announce it.

Joshawott said:
3 slots left it seems. I wonder if they'll count Railgun and Index as a single slot?

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them released here, but eh. Part of me would rather have the index novels(since we already have the railgun manga). I know it won't happen, but i can hope.

Arbalest said:
Joshawott said:

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing them released here, but eh. Part of me would rather have the index novels(since we already have the railgun manga). I know it won't happen, but i can hope.
I can see why a company would be hesitant (to put it lightly) about the Index novels though - there are over 25 of them.

It's ongoing as well. So there is a lot they'd have to cover, plus keep up with. Though saying that i do have one thing i'm curious about. Has YenPress stopped translation Spice & Wolf half way through the series?

I'm not sure if they have. Personally, I want to see how Sword Art Online does.

MangaUK confirm Dragonball GT for next year. Two DVD boxsets in January and March.
Naruto Shippuden: The Lost Tower movie coming to DVD and a DVD/BD combi next February.
Psycho-Pass coming to DVD/BD next spring in two parts.
Hentai Kamen live-action movie (aka HK: Forbidden Superhero). Will be shown in Cardiff and and Leeds next month.
Evangelion 3.33: You Can (Not) Redo on DVD and BD at the end of March
Steins;Gate movie is "being worked on"
Attack On Titan confirmed for DVD/BD in 2014

Joshawott said:
I'm not sure if they have. Personally, I want to see how Sword Art Online does.

MangaUK confirm Dragonball GT for next year. Two DVD boxsets in January and March.

Hehe GT and not Dragon Ball LOL.

(ahem)

Nice to see some Manga UK announcements, I wonder how many they have but more importantly I hope there's details regarding K and Future Diary.

Back