MCM London Weekend Licensing/News Thread

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
Just a place where we can put all the new juicy licenses. I'll update this main post with everything eventually.

Anime Industry Panel Q&A written out by NormanicGrav on Page 3 - Lots of interesting bits and bobs there!



MangaUK
The Princess and the Pilot - Subtitle only. Released before end of year. DVD & BD
One Piece - Collections 9 to 12.
Naruto Shippuden Movie 5 - The Blood Prison - DVD/BD - Out by December 22nd.
Hellsing Ultimate IX and X early in 2015 for the UK.


News
Manga Entertainment has worldwide rights to Ghost in the Shell - this release will also be available in the UK, Canada and Australia.
Jerome has confirmed some screenings of this remastered Ghost in the Shell Blu-Ray at numerous Picturehouse cinemas.
The distributor are still working on their Ghost in the Shell Arise release plans - they won't receive their first masters until October.
We're now watching a trailer for The Devil is a Part-Timer - this will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray by October 27th 2014.
One Piece Movie 8 will be released as a standalone on DVD and Blu-Ray, as well as a DVD triple pack for movies 7-9.
The company are currently talking to Toei about One Piece Film Z - nothing to report at this time.
Berserk Movie 3 is to be released uncut later this year on DVD and Blu-Ray - scheduled for October 6th release date.
Evangelion 3.0's release has been further pushed back, for reasons beyond western distributor's control.

Any shows Manga would like to get his hands on? Knights of Sidonia and Terraformers are mentioned by Jerome.
Also Sword Art Online II and Black Butler Season 3 would be of interest to Manga Entertainment.
Jerome is also interested in licensing Captain Earth.
Jerome is also interested in picking up Gatchaman Crowds, and has been in talks with Tatsunoko Productions.
Jerome has been talking to Warner Bros Japan about licensing Jojo's BIzarre Adventure. He's also interested in the BlazBlue anime.


MVM
Mysterious Girlfriend X
Kokoro Connect - DVD Only
Garden Of Sinners - DVD Only ("The Japanese production committee is currently blocking any outright Blu-Ray releases for other territories beyond an expensive imported Japanese edition" - via UK Anime article) - Out October 2014
Blast of Tempest
Further Patlabor OVAs
Bunny Drop
Familiar of Zero Series 3 - DVD & BD.

Formats TBA for everything not stated.

Upgraded To Blu Ray Releases
Bodacious Space Pirates

Anime Limited
Wings of Honneamise - DVD/BD
Terror in Resonance (previously titled Terror In Tokyo) - Streaming for July 2014 on Wakanin and Home Video Release planned.
Blood Lad - No release date but expected in collectors edition packaging [see: http://www.alltheanime.com/anime-limite ... blood-lad/ ]
Psychic School Wars (Nerawareta Gakuen) - To be dubbed and subbed. DVD & BD
ALL of Full Metal Panic! for a DVD and Blu-Ray release. - Possible Collectors Edition, depending on what materials they can get hold of.

credit: @ukanime
 

Shiroi Hane

Dragon Knight
Re: MCM London Weekend Licensing Thread

Has a physical announcement for Terror been reported anywhere online? I can't find it.
 

LelouchNarukami

Student Council President
Re: MCM London Weekend Licensing Thread

Shiroi Hane said:
Has a physical announcement for Terror been reported anywhere online? I can't find it.
Someone on Anime Limited's facebook page asked 'Bluray/DVD release or only streamed?'

Anime Limited replied saying 'Homevideo is planned :)'

So, I guess like Kill la Kill, Space Dandy & Samurai Flamenco before it, Anime Limited have picked up both simulcast and home video rights.
 

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
Re: MCM London Weekend Licensing Thread

lelouchnarukami said:
Shiroi Hane said:
Has a physical announcement for Terror been reported anywhere online? I can't find it.
Someone on Anime Limited's facebook page asked 'Bluray/DVD release or only streamed?'

Anime Limited replied saying 'Homevideo is planned :)'

So, I guess like Kill la Kill, Space Dandy & Samurai Flamenco before it, Anime Limited have picked up both simulcast and home video rights.
Yup, that's where I got it from.
 

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
Manga UK Panel:
- With regards to Ghost in the Shell as they own not only the UK rights but also for North America, Canada and Australia.
- ARISE won't be around until the masters are received in October.
- The Devil is a Part-Timer, coming to DVD and Blu-Ray by October 27th 2014.
- Princess and the Pilot announced by Manga UK, subtitle only and I'm guessing is their first NIS America title.
- Early One Piece movies in original 4:3 ratio since they weren't released theatrically, and they have Collections 9-12. I bet Funimation will be releasing Collections 10-12 from September onwards to make this happen.
- Movie 8 (Desert Princess and the Pirates, Adventures in Alabasta) will be on Blu-ray and they're in talks for Film Z. Note that Film Z's USA date is Sept 30th.
- Naruto Shippuden: Blood Prison announced, on DVD and Blu-Ray by December 22nd.
- Berserk Golden Age: The Advent arriving in October 6th.

Manga UK Q&A Panel:
- Which shows they would like to see remade
- Which character they would like to see with bigger (yeah you guessed it)
- Whether Patema Inverted will be licensed
- What shows they would like to get their hands on? - Knights of Sidonia, Terraformers, Sword Art Online II, Black Butler: Book of Circus, Captain Earth & BlazBlue: Alter Memory were mentioned
- Gatchaman Crowds is another title they would like and for that they have been in talks with Tatsunoko Productions.
- Evangelion: 3.33 delayed because for unknown reasons (obviously Funimation's doing, can't see why Studio Khara would be involved)
- What shows they have a guilty pleasure for? - Andrew likes Sekirei, Jeremy likes everything
- They have Hellsing Ultimate IX & X, aiming for early 2015. Note that USA release is due for Fall 2014 (I'm going to guess October, would be perfect for Halloween).
- JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (2012) is one title they really want and have been in talks with Warner Bros.

via UKAnimeNetwork Twitter feed from Manga UK Panel.
 

chrisjmuk

Completely Average High School Student
does anyone think the
'Jerome is talking about the exclusivity deal Manga Entertainment signed some time ago with FUNimation to get access to their UK sub-licenses'

means that anything Manga don't want to release is then locked out of possible license by MVM or AL. is this why titles like little busters & hagani have no sign of coming to UK?
 

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
chrisjmuk said:
does anyone think the
'Jerome is talking about the exclusivity deal Manga Entertainment signed some time ago with FUNimation to get access to their UK sub-licenses'

means that anything Manga don't want to release is then locked out of possible license by MVM or AL. is this why titles like little busters & hagani have no sign of coming to UK?
I'm not as knowledgeable as most here but I wouldn't believe so? MVM have picked up shows via Hanabee for release that Funimation have for the US, like Is This A Zombie.

I'd be surprised if Little Busters isn't eventually picked up by MVM, seeing as they've got like ..80% of Hanabee's catalog for the UK.

EDIT: That's it for today, bar Anime Limited's announcement sometime today. More at the Anime Industry Panel tomorrow.
 

Rui

Karamatsu Boy
Administrator
It would be annoying if they got the deal and further convinced Funimation to keep going for UK rights to streams they have no intention of ever letting people outside the US watch. It would be nice if people visiting the panels could apply some pressure to the reps in person about this stupid situation we have with legal streaming :(

The first three One Piece films didn't get cinema releases? That's not what I heard - and the Japanese listings seem to have widescreen presentation..?

R
 

reborn

Vampire Ninja
Dannielle said:
chrisjmuk said:
does anyone think the
'Jerome is talking about the exclusivity deal Manga Entertainment signed some time ago with FUNimation to get access to their UK sub-licenses'

means that anything Manga don't want to release is then locked out of possible license by MVM or AL. is this why titles like little busters & hagani have no sign of coming to UK?
I'm not as knowledgeable as most here but I wouldn't believe so? MVM have picked up shows via Hanabee for release that Funimation have for the US, like Is This A Zombie.

I'd be surprised if Little Busters isn't eventually picked up by MVM, seeing as they've got like ..80% of Hanabee's catalog for the UK.
Did Funimation have the UK licenses for the shows MVM have released? From the sounds, the exclusivity only applies to titles Funimation have both US and UK rights for.
 

Peachy

Bumpkin
AUKN Staff
reborn said:
Dannielle said:
chrisjmuk said:
does anyone think the
'Jerome is talking about the exclusivity deal Manga Entertainment signed some time ago with FUNimation to get access to their UK sub-licenses'

means that anything Manga don't want to release is then locked out of possible license by MVM or AL. is this why titles like little busters & hagani have no sign of coming to UK?
I'm not as knowledgeable as most here but I wouldn't believe so? MVM have picked up shows via Hanabee for release that Funimation have for the US, like Is This A Zombie.

I'd be surprised if Little Busters isn't eventually picked up by MVM, seeing as they've got like ..80% of Hanabee's catalog for the UK.
Did Funimation have the UK licenses for the shows MVM have released? From the sounds, the exclusivity only applies to titles Funimation have both US and UK rights for.
Oh. That makes sense, yeah, sorry. This is why I should leave the technical mumbo jumbo to the more experienced members lol. Forget what I said Chris..unless that being Funimation held UK rights to the shows MVM have released via Hanabee.
 

GolGotha

Death Scythe
Excited that Hellsing & Berserk finally have rough dates.
Heard good things about The Devil is a Part-Timer, so might pick that up.

I would love it if JoJo got licensed, but if it does, I hope it gets a special release.
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Helling next year, and Berserk is getting released at the time i expected it would. Great, this is good news. Did they mention anything at all about the other One Piece movies? i'm specifically looking to movie 6.(i couldn't attend the panels, so i missed it all)

Manga mentioning they want to get a hold of Jojo is nice, but it's going to be a tough one to get. my hope is they don't alter anything at all. Probably unlikely, but i can hope.
 

chrisjmuk

Completely Average High School Student
Dannielle said:
Oh. That makes sense, yeah, sorry. This is why I should leave the technical mumbo jumbo to the more experienced members lol. Forget what I said Chris..unless that being Funimation held UK rights to the shows MVM have released via Hanabee.
thanks, all interesting stuff. looking forward to what tomorrow may bring :)
 

Zin5ki

Railgun
Arbalest said:
Did they mention anything at all about the other One Piece movies? i'm specifically looking to movie 6.(i couldn't attend the panels, so i missed it all).
Though it is hardly my forte to be useful, I believe confirmation was given that films four through to six will be released as a bundle.
You should in earnest have attended. That "legendary league" at which you tarried was nothing of the sort.
 

demonix

Straw Hat Pirate
chrisjmuk said:
is this why titles like little busters & hagani have no sign of coming to UK?
Little busters is licensed by sentai in the US so it would have nothing to do with this deal (and some episodes of haganai would probably have to be taken to with a chainsaw before the BBFC would even give it a rating considering the two instances of nude loli along with the language that comes out of the card carrying pervert's mouth).
 

Arbalest

黒い剣士
Moderator
Yeah, last minute announcement out of nowhere for today. I've not actually checked out Blood Lad at all. Seems pretty generic from what i'm hearing, but i may give it an episode or two once i clear a bit more backlog.
 

NormanicGrav

(゜ロ゜)
AUKN Staff
Completely out of nowhere and wasn't expecting my favourite UK distributor to pick up this show! Due to the lack of UK access I wasn't able to watch the 10 episode + 2 OVA series, but I hear it's good and I've been meaning to read the manga for quite sometime. I CAN'T FRICKIN WAIT.
 

Rena Ryuugu

Oyashiro-Sama
Loved watching Blood Lad, so it's nice to see it is going to released here :D Shall definitely be picking it up. Looking forward to seeing what the collectors edition packaging looks like.
 

reborn

Vampire Ninja
I find it odd how All The Anime picked it up, not that i'm glad - just seems a bit of an odd choice to me. But since its a Viz title, at least Kaze didn't get a hold of it. :)
 
Top