MCM London license speculation.

elaniel

Vampire Ninja
Hi all. With MCM London coming in a few weeks, what shows / films do you think will be announced by our beloved Anime Limited / MVM / Manga / Animatsu?

Anime Limited:
Gundam

Animatsu:
Knights of Sidonia (Collectors Edition)

Manga:
Sword Art Online Film and Season II

MVM:
Love Live
Garden of Sinners Blu-Ray (hopeful?)

I'd also favour Animatsu for Parasyte since Sentai specifically mentioned they had the UK license, and Animatsu has stated they have licenses from Sentai.

I'm not sure MVM would go for BRs so soon on Garden of Sinners - they'd be tempting public outcry of fans that then have to double dip so soon after the DVDs. A solo BR for Recalled Out Summer wouldn't surprise me though.

Maybe Manga will finally announce the last two parts of Hellsing, and more High School DxD too - oh and hopefully the other two parts of Magi via Kaze.

If Anime Ltd announce any classic Gundam, I'll be over the moon - that's the main one for me.

Good thread!

Okay, so my guesses are:

Anime Limited:
- Some Gundam show, there's so many of em and I've only seen Wing so no idea on what. Maybe the one they streamed?
- Physical release right announcements for Arslan & Seraph of the End
- Millennium Actress
- The Project Itoh films (If not announced at the Expo, I can see them announcing the license in the future)
- Tokyo Ghoul Season 2 (Don't think it was ever announced?)
- Latest season of Durarara!

MVM:
- Familiar of Zero Season 4
- Outbreak Company
- Is The Order A Rabbit
- The "Hentai" Prince and the Stony Cat
- Magical Warfare
- Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun
- The Pet Girl of Sakurasou
- So, I Can't Play H!
- Blu Ray upgrade of the original Fate/Stay Night & possibly Infinite Stratos (for IS, just because season 2 got pushed back till September which another forum member reckoned could mean they're doing a BD)

Animatsu:
- Captain Earth
- Parasyte
- Beyond The Boundary
- Knights of Sidonia
- Amagi Brilliant Park
- Yowamushi Pedal
- Terraformars

Manga:
- Highschool DxD Season 2
- More One Piece
- More something something DBZ related
- More Fairy Tail
- More Yu-gi-Oh
- Magi Season 2

Someone's gotta give me Mushishi, rescue the first season and bring over the second. Thanks very much.
Barakamon would be delightful but I don't see that happening anytime soon, don't think Funimation have said they're releasing it yet or anything.

Anime Limited:
- Home Video rights to Durarara!! Season 2 and Tokyo Ghoul √A
- 3 Catalogue/Rescued titles picked up
- 2 Simulcast titles from Summer 2015 picked up

Animatsu:
- Home Video rights to the remaining titles unannounced in the Sentai deal
- Knights of Sidonia with Deluxe treatment
- The Raildex series

Manga Ent.:
- Release dates announced for Q3

MVM:
- Home Video rights to numerous titles released in Australia
- Love Live! with possible Deluxe treatment similar to A Lull in the Sea

A BR Fate Stay Night re-release would be nice - I'd definitely double dip on that. MVM getting Nozaki Kun would be awesome too.

I wonder if anyone will announce the likes of Golden Time and Sunday Without God - they seem like shoe-ins to make it over here. Also, Red Data Girl, Valvrave and classic Fafner (apparently someone has it for the UK).

Also, if anyone wants to make me happy, Rozen Maiden Zuruckspulen (or whatever it was called), Oreimo and a re-release of Haruhi season 1.

NormanicGrav's post made me think .. Planetes might be one from Anime Limited, possibly Prison School for Summer 2015 (Gangsta or the Zombie Horror/Moe show as a second?) & I forgot about Raildex series, someone has it so it must be Animatsu..

Sunday Without God & Valrave sound likely too. AH! so many possibilities.

Wow, it's like you've read my mind Lutga. Nozaki, Sunday Without God and Rozen Maiden are my most wanted titles. I would also definitely go for Outbreak Company, Planetes BD, Garden of Sinners 8 and any Gundam should they emerge. Quick shout-out for TWGOK Goddesses and Chihayafuru, but those seem highly unlikely at this point :cry:

The rest of the Satoshi Kon catalogue would make me very happy, but not sure if that would be announced any time soon. I'm not familiar with the precedents of announcements at such events, does MCM London usually house many 'megaton' announcements? I don't keep up with these events. I guess its similar to a Gamescom/E3 or such for video games when it comes to UK anime? Any past examples of announcements at this event because outside of announcements of home releases for new shows, is there precedent to say something random like an acquisition for an old Gundam series fits the bill? Also, would the Gundam releases be DVD first like the Right Stuf releases (starting with Turn A) or Blu-ray? Because there's plenty of things I'd love to be localized, but is any of it feasible? Then again, I guess this is the largest audience they (UK anime distributors) will get.

NormanicGrav said:
MVM:
- Love Live! with possible Deluxe treatment similar to A Lull in the Sea
And who would want to buy a DVD only deluxe release (if MVM got the license, they'd have to source their masters from Australia and madman only released it on DVD so there wouldn't be a BD release since the current masters (and likely the to be released in the future dubbed standard edition of season one and the season 2 premium) are zone A only and it's probably unlikely that NISA will add in zone B capability).

I still cling to hope that one day someone, preferably Anime Limited, will license Natsumes Book of Friends. From them, I realistically expect updates on Shinkai collection, and then I long for an announcement that they're trying for a Satoshi Kon collection

britguy said:
I still cling to hope that one day someone, preferably Anime Limited, will license Natsumes Book of Friends. From them, I realistically expect updates on Shinkai collection, and then I long for an announcement that they're trying for a Satoshi Kon collection

I've been hoping for Natsume's for ages, I missed the first two NISA sets so have been hoping someone in the UK give's them a nice release. Sigh.

Elaniel said:
Hi all. With MCM London coming in a few weeks, what shows / films do you think will be announced by our beloved Anime Limited / MVM / Manga / Animatsu?

Anime Limited:
Gundam

Animatsu:
Knights of Sidonia (Collectors Edition)

Manga:
Sword Art Online Film and Season II

MVM:
Love Live
Garden of Sinners Blu-Ray (hopeful?)
I really doubt there will be a garden of sinners blu ray released in the west any time soon. If any one releases it will be AOA and they said recently that they had no plans to redo it in the US so yeah. If you have a spare £200-£250 just buy the Japanese blu rays which will be better quality than any non aniplex release.

I'm guessing that we'll finally hear of a license for A Certain Magical Index and/or A Certain Scientific Railgun. I think Andrew mentioned that someone has the license (but not them); unless it's a foreign licensor sitting on it? I could see Animatsu announcing the license. I could also see them having Tamako Market - somebody has to! (And can Sentai license Tamako Love Story and release the series on BD already?).

From MangaUK, I'm hoping to see an announcement for High School DxD New; although I'm worried that it might be doomed to a DVD-only release from New Manga. Sword Art Online II also seems likely to show up from them.

Back