Marketplace Bootlegs

Sy

Time-Traveller
Just a quick thought about the posting of Bootlegs in the marketplace.

I think it would be a bit more effective to delete the topic and send the person a PM or lock the topic and remove links to their email address rather than just locking the topic. Otherwise they still would be able to sell.

I decided against purely removing the topic because it serves as a good example to others, however I take your point on removing the e-mail address etc.

aye its good to let people know its a bootleg and examples of what too look for, some people may not know its a bootleg.

My bro is one of them, with his "3 disk" .hack//sign dvd lol

To be honest I'd stay well clear of anyone who joins up and soon posts something up for sale. I wouldn't trust anyone until they have at least 50 posts to their name.

I know you removed that persons email so that (s)he couldn't sell the item, but (s)he still could sell it by PM, so another suggestion could be disabling his/her PM (thats if it's possible to do so on this forum)

I think if people actually want to buy bootlegs, we can't stop them. I could delete the guy, but I'm a fair minded person so he deserves another chance. I remember thinking I was buying some real DVDs only to later realize they were bootlegs, the quality of the product is not what you would expect considering its origins in black market China.

We've marked it as a bootleg and people are aware they are being ripped off, that's about all we can do.

Back