MangaUK will re-release Highschool of the Dead with the OVA

Re: MangaUK will re-release Highschool of the Dead with the

Most of those who already have the series will pass this one for sure unless the price is quite cheap but still, the ova is total crap comparing to the rest of the series...

Its a shame but i'll pass it.

Good thing is that they managed to get that and those who are yet to buy the show, get this bonus and a new cover from what i read.

They just posted something regarding the OVA being DVD only? Not really 100% sure on what was meant by it, maybe the re-release w/ OVA is only on DVD, not BD?!

As far as I understand, they're releasing both a DVD set and a BR set, but the OVA in both will only be a DVD, i.e. you'll get a DVD in with your BRs.

I was wondering why they would make new BDs for one fluffy bonus episode, so that makes sense to keep the rerelease affordable. The already tiny chance that I would buy it all again has now dropped further.

R

What would be super awesome is if they did a thing where you could just order the disc from them, without any fancy packaging etc, and then you could put it in with your old boxset, if you got a new box with enough space that was the right size for the sleeve or something. I'd probably buy it that way, if the price was right.

st_owly said:
What would be super awesome is if they did a thing where you could just order the disc from them, without any fancy packaging etc, and then you could put it in with your old boxset, if you got a new box with enough space that was the right size for the sleeve or something. I'd probably buy it that way, if the price was right.

I would do the same! I'd probably even happily pay more doing it that way than the new box set will end up costing on Amazon in six months, just to reward common sense ^^;

Maybe they can dole some out at Expo events or give a stack to local companies like A-O-L to sell?

R

I'd happily drop a fiver on it if they just posted it to me in a DVD protection envelope, as you said, to reward common sense. I bet no one from Manga is reading this thread though.

People are complaining a lot on their facebook page of course cause this is unfair to all of those who already have the series. Anyway, they said that they are announcing some new licenses this podcast but i've stated that in the next thread cause its manga thread. Feel free to leave your opinion/thoughts there.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15825&p=386139#p386139

Jerome has just tweeted that they will look into releasing the OVA separately.

st_owly said:
I'd happily drop a fiver on it if they just posted it to me in a DVD protection envelope, as you said, to reward common sense. I bet no one from Manga is reading this thread though.

Your would be incorrect ;)

EDIT -
I am checking this forum regularly, even if I'm not making any posts. Part of the job of being a Community Liaison :)

st_owly said:
This is one instance where I am happy to be proven wrong ;)

I can't properly gauge, thoughts, concerns, questions, reactions from facebook & twitter alone. So I make sure to do the rounds on forum regularly too :)

Great to see you have your finger on the pulse, Jeremy :)

Hope something can be worked out to get the disc to those of us who don't want to buy the whole thing again.

R

Jeremy_Graves said:
st_owly said:

You would be incorrect ;)
Jeremy, I think you might have just won the internet there. As a reward, here is a picture of some kittens wearing party hats:
Kitten-party-hats.jpg

^That is legit one of the cutest pics I've ever seen!!!!!!

Listening to the latest podcast now, the OVA is sub only after all! I guess Sentai's dub isn't ready yet (if they're still doing it).

Back