MangaUK license announcements ...

Peachy

Bumpkin
32zlwzo.jpg

PLUS!
Squid Girl
The World God Only Knows
Princess Resurrection
Chaos Head (confirmed via Twitter by MangaUK)

- The FMA Movies shall be coming as a Blu-Ray/DVD double pack
- 29th October is the current release date for part two of Blue Exorcist.
- Blue Exorcist and Baka and Test will both be DVD only.
- Confirmed that Dragon Ball Z is "cropped", remastered version - this is being released as part of their agreement with Toei.
- Looking towards possibly releasing further Toei shows as soon as next year. Relationship has been 5 years in the making.
- More on that Madoka Magica release: No release strategy confirmed, but will be released on DVD this year.
- Aniplex USA Blu-Ray exports of Madoka Magica means it is most likely not viable for a UK Blu-Ray release.
- Confirmation of that Panty and Stocking release, DVD only.
- Princess Resurrection to be released as complete series collection on August 20th.
- Manga would like to license Beelzebub, but believes it has been licensed by either Kaze or MVM for the UK.
- The World God Only Knows licensed from TV Tokyo. DVD release late summer as a complete series collection.
- And finally... Squid Girl season one has been licensed for a DVD release in the UK.

CREDIT: https://twitter.com/ukanime

From MangaUK's twitter:

Doh! I forgot to say we r also releasing #ChaosHead on DVD this year too!

Blue Exorcist, Panty & Stocking and Madoka Magica were predictable as hell.

I got volume 1 of Aniplex USA's release, so unless MangaUK offer up some fancy limited editions as well...I'll stick with Aniplex.

EDIT: MangaUK have said Panty & Stocking is DVD only, due to no foreign entities being allowed to have it on DVD. Also, AniplexUSA exports means Madoka Magica on blu-ray isn't viable.

Baka & Test is DVD only (fair enough I suppose...)

Well, they've cocked up again. At least AniplexUSA are apparently expecting a Blue Exorcist dub in the future, so could see a rerelease. Will be out in 2 sets - part 1 due out on 20th August.
(From ukanime's twitter).

I already have absolutely everything on that list (some only partway of course) other than Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt :s

I eagerly await news of release strategies that will stun and impress me.

Interesting nugget from the source Twitter, "Aniplex USA Blu-Ray exports of Madoka Magica means it is most likely not viable for a UK Blu-Ray release". Looks more than likely than ever that it is Manga UK and friends and their complaining to Aniplex that has blocked exports of the special editions. Classy. So basically people over here are forced to go with a version with no English translation or DVD-only?

R

Manga want to release Beelzebub, but they believe it's either licensed by Kazé or MVM! World God Only Knows licensed too; DVD only.

SQUID GIRL LICENSED! **** YES! Shame it's DVD only too.

Joshawott said:
Manga want to release Beelzebub, but they believe it's either licensed by Kazé or MVM! World God Only Knows licensed too.

SQUID GIRL LICENSED! **** YES!

I almost died of excitement when i read it haha.

Soooo happy with TWGOK too, been bugging MangaUK for a while about that one.

I already imported The World God Only Knows from the US (on blu-ray), but I am so glad to see it licensed. Now I'm not sure on if I want the US Squid Girl blu-ray, or MangaUK's DVD.

D'awww common. All those 12(ish) episode series are perfect for one-shot Blu-Ray releases. I am highly disappointed in MangaUK this day... Guess it is imports for me (despite not wanting Funi's goddamn double packs).

What I'll probably do, is import the Squid Girl blu-ray for me, but pick up the MangaUK DVD for my little brother...as knowing him, if he uses my Blu-ray he'll break it.

It is a shame that manga were a bit slow on these shows. Just ordered Okami yesterday.Would have brought it from manga if I had known. Got TWOGK already. Got Baka Test. Got the fullmetal alchemist movies. Got Clannad. Still it is great to see just how different all these shows are. Great range of different themes. Hope these sell well for them.

Yeah, because you totaly didn't goad people into importing those Madoka BRs, dood.

I mean your releases of FMA:B, Cashern and Xamd where ... ohhhhhhhh.

Ahh now to hear of the Double pack for the FMA movies, I will likely go ahead and pick them.

I'll probably also pick up Princess Resurrection and Okami San which I was intending to get anyway at some point. With Manga picking up Madoka Magica as well - it might just encourage me to give that a go as well.

With Beelzebub, I can't recall anyone actually licenesing it and considering it's now ending - I get the feeling we may be in for a sub only release from MVM?

Also does Manga not follow Aniplex at all with regards to it's Blu Rays? Like come on Manga, this could be something you won't make a loss on as bad.

ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, because you totaly didn't goad people into importing those Madoka BRs, dood.
EXACTLY. In fact, Jerome was even jokingly asking people to import them for HIM.

Madoka's blu-rays are multi-regional. MangaUK could have at least tried to ask AniplexUSA if they could use some of their discs or co-produce with them. Also, unless they offer some super special limited edition like AniplexUSA, Madman and hell...even the Italian distributors are doing; they'll just lose money to importers.

Back