Manga UK podcast annoucements

Ath

Pokémon Master
Re: The News Thread (for news that does not need a thread)

Manga UK are releasing Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere. Season 1 in July-ish on DVD...and Bluray!

Black Rock Shooter is getting a sub-only DVD on the 13th May.

Eureka Seven AO will be on the way eventually as well whenever Funi gets the dub ready. Bluray is a possiblility.

Aaaaaand finally, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is being finished on bluray!

FMA:Brotherhood will be completed on UK bluray after all!

This comes from the podcast. Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood is actually going to be finished on Blu-ray! Part 3 in April, Part 4 in May and Part 5 in June along with a complete boxset. RRP £29.99 each for the volumes, so probably around £20. Of course I've gone and imported them already but it's nice that they'll all be available in the UK at last for those who want them.

Re: FMA:Brotherhood will be completed on UK bluray after all

I'm slightly disappointed with MangaUK announcements. This is the only one I cared about but I have them all on dvd and I won't be getting them as the PQ was not great with the reviews.

Hmm, can't help but wonder if the ship has sailed on BR part 3,4 and 5.

BR box should work nicely

Too little too late, Manga. When it was cancelled I stuck parts 1 & 2 on eBay and imported the US editions. I have no regrets.

They do still get asked about it quite regularly though, and those volumes were Region A only which would have dissuaded some, plus there are plenty of people who can't or won't import.

Manga Entertainment announced new licenses in their latest podcast as well as the return of one of the house's favourite.

<b>Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere</b> seasons 1 and 2 in DVD and Blu-Ray. Tentative release date is 1st of July.

<b>Black Rock Shooter TV</b>will be release as subtitled, DVD-only with tentative release date is 13th of May.

<b>Eureka Seven AO</b> Eureka Seven's sequel. No format or release date yet.
<b>Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood</b> will be released as a Blu-Ray box set, while individual volumes previously unreleased will be released in April, May and June.

Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood being finished on blu-ray?! Guys, is it worth upgrading if I have the DVDs?

Also, Black Rock Shooter? Yesh.

Joshawott said:
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood being finished on blu-ray?! Guys, is it worth upgrading if I have the DVDs?

FMA: B was animated at 540 lines of resolution and upscaled to 1080 for broadcast. Ask me 2 years ago and I would have said that a 576i PAL DVD would give you the max native resolution anyway, and that upgrading would be no real benefit.

And 18 months of Blu-ray ownership later...

It's still 540 upscaled to 1080, but the colour depth on Blu-ray blows DVD away, you're going to have a lot less compression so the action sequences won't pixellate or be subject to mosquito noise or the like. You're going to have 24 fps progressive playback instead of 50Hz interlaced, so the animation will be smoother. You're not going to have to worry about PAL speed-up or pitch correction (or the NTSC-PAL conversion in volume 1 of the DVD). If this time next June you have £100 burning a hole in your pocket, I think the decision will make itself. The only fly in the ointment will be player forced subs for the Japanese track.

Fair enough. I absolutely adore FMA, so I might as well pick up the boxset.

Now...I wonder if they'll go back and release The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya and K-ON! on blu-ray?

Good news. I've still got volume 1 sitting around and I never bothered buying the DVD, just out of blind hope for a full BD release. Glad I had faith!

And GTFO with these sub-only releases.

The FMAB news is welcome, mostly because the Haruhi movie is in with a chance of a BD release now. FMAB on BD would be nice but is not a priority for me, depends on price ultimately.
Horizon's plot sounds both crazy and intriging, just as I like it.
Undecided about BRS, and ES:AO I'm not so interested in.

No interest in Eureka Seven or BRS. Horizon could be tempting, might give it a shot.

Good on them for going back and finishing FMA:B, it won't shut up some of the noisier critics, but going back to finish it off is a classy move. BD authoring costs must really have been slashed to make a volumes and boxset approach viable.

Wasn't expecting a Black Rock Shooter release but that is a must buy for me. Anything that endorses living life and not closing yourelf off to the world is good by me. I think y'all should probably buy it cause it is one of the more interesting series i've seen this year especially how it goes about depicting the "other" world stuff. Also some of the best CG i've seen in anime in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Aaron said:
Good news. I've still got volume 1 sitting around and I never bothered buying the DVD, just out of blind hope for a full BD release. Glad I had faith!

And GTFO with these sub-only releases.
re: Black Rock Shooter.
As far as I'm aware there's no English dub for it which is why it's a subtitle only release.

ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, that's nice of Manga to release the BR's now.

Given that Blu Ray is pretty much dead in the UK anime market thanks largely to them.

Yeah, cheers!
Sorry you feel that way. But now the barriers that were previously preventing blu-ray releases have been removed, we should hopefully be seeing more in the future :)

Jeremy_Graves said:
ConanThe3rd said:
Yeah, that's nice of Manga to release the BR's now.

Given that Blu Ray is pretty much dead in the UK anime market thanks largely to them.

Yeah, cheers!
Sorry you feel that way. But now the barriers that were previously preventing blu-ray releases have been removed, we should hopefully be seeing more in the future :)
I'm sorry but I'm not quite ready to let that one go on Manga's half given the damage it did to the Blu Ray Market over here. However, I'd like this to be the last time I'm salty about a BR Release with Manga insomuch as this release does work and we have no further issues with BR Going forward And, really, the less we have of utter nonsense like Cashern Sins and Xam'd (Which were self-fulfilling prophecies if I ever saw the term) the better for this industry all sid.

Back