Manga Schedule?

link2link8

Kiznaiver
I always wondered if there can be a Manga schedule, or is there one? I think it's a pretty neat idea, just before i make a thread about this I always keep finding issues with the idea but I wondered what other people think about a Manga schedule.

The only issues I have are:

- A lot of manga
- To many Yaoi on the schedule would ruin it for what I think.

Why would including BL ruin a manga schedule?

I think the main issue is that most manga is released through the US and imported, so the usual avenues for sourcing release information are different to UK DVDs. If you want a list here though I can't see it being a bad thing :)

R

Paradox295 said:
There's usually a 'New Title Solicitations' thread on Mania.com for manga

Don't know how up to date it will be as Chris Beveridge & the reviews team have left (other than the forum there has been no updates to the anime/manga section for some time).

Chris has set up a new site called The Fandom Post

http://www.fandompost.com/

Rui said:

I think the main issue is that most manga is released through the US and imported, so the usual avenues for sourcing release information are different to UK DVDs. If you want a list here though I can't see it being a bad thing :)

R

well, the BL thing was personal, so it's not something everyone likes (I shouldn't have placed it there lol)

mangaman74 said:
Paradox295 said:
There's usually a 'New Title Solicitations' thread on Mania.com for manga
Chris has set up a new site called The Fandom Post

http://www.fandompost.com/

Ah I see thanks! I always wanted to see something like this.

I have thought about a Manga Schedule before, but as Rui said it would just be a exact copy of USA version. We might as well link to their version on the forum with the relevant credit.

Unless someone can find one better, I recommend the one ANN does. Maybe a sticky thread in this section called"Manga Schedule Release From ANN" would be in order:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/encyc ... rmat=manga

Rui said:
I thought the implication might have been that there is so much BL compared to other manga that including it in the same list would be pointless as it generates "noise" in the list for people who don't read BL, and there is enough specific interest in BL from the people who do read it that it would be worth having a separate list for it (I certainly wish Moonphase did this with ero releases in their OVA listings, for example). I don't actually know how much BL is released in the West these days though.

I think I'd feel less singled out if it was all adult manga rather than specifically BL :) personal I can understand though. I'd exclude some genres in a personal list too.

Happy to make a thread sticky if people want to dump a load of manga release tracking information somewhere.

R

Rui said:
I think I'd feel less singled out if it was all adult manga rather than specifically BL :) personal I can understand though. I'd exclude some genres in a personal list too.

Happy to make a thread sticky if people want to dump a load of manga release tracking information somewhere.

R

I wouldn't mind editing my first post to do that as long as someone helps out time to time =)

Rui said:
I think I'd feel less singled out if it was all adult manga rather than specifically BL :)
I agree, but I would give the benefit of the doubt and assume the distinction was made primarily due to the large difference in number of BL titles compared to non-BL adult titles that you rarely (ever?) see on release lists.

Back