Manga/Light Novels you would like to see licensed/continued

PandoraHane

Vampire Ninja
In an effort to generate a little more discussion, I thought this would be a fun place to start. Basically are there any manga or light novel series you would like to see get picked up, rescued or continued?

Akatsuki no Yona (Yona of the Dawn) and Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso (Your Lie in April) are two anime from this season that have caught my attention and made me interested in reading their manga versions.
I'd be interested to see how well a story revolving around music is shown through manga. The characters in Your Lie in April have all, for different reasons, gained my affection. In particular Tsubaki.
As for Yona of the Dawn, this is not my typical taste and I had doubted if I would continue watching. Then Yona really began to come into her own as a strong female character, which at times is difficult to come across. The idea of not being able to fully hate someone you loved who did something terrible is one I look forward to being further explored. I adore emotional conflict.

A series I would like to see continued is Katekyo Hitman Reborn. This a series you really need to give a chance to allow it to hit it's stride. Unfortunately, where Viz left it, I feel is where it was starting to do that. Since the series has now finished in Japan, I know many are hopeful for it being picked back up. In the time since the last Viz volume it has certainly gained more interest, helped by the anime being available on Crunchyroll I would think. Please Viz, please?

Kids on the Slope (Sakamichi no Apollon) is one of my favourite anime. I looked it up to see where it originally came from and came across the lovely cover art of the manga. I was pleased to see the art had been translated over perfectly into anime. As an anime that I can watch time and time again, I would jump at the chance to be able to own this manga.
Lastly, is Dream Eater Merry (Yumekui Merry). I'm holding out hope on this one. Though I'm not sure what publisher this series would really fit in with? An engaging premise and honestly wonderful character designs (Merry's outfit would make an amazing cosplay!) I really think this series could have wonderful potential if released.

As a CLAMP fan, I would like to see series such as Wish get pretty new releases. I have faith in Dark Horse, with the wonderful job they have done with many CLAMP series, to maybe gain a few more?

A little note towards the hopeful continuation of D.Gray-Man one day when Katsura Hoshino feels more up to it. I've seen fans found her Instagram where she has been posting so it's nice to know she is doing well.

That's all that I can think of for now, sorry for the long post! My laptop cut just as I finished this but thankfully I was able to restore the page, thank goodness! I know I have plenty more but I need to go away and have a think. What about everyone else? :)

Re: Manga/Light Novels you would like to see licensed/contin

I'd like to see the Shana novel translations finished, they were a fun read.

An eleventh Haruhi light novel would be great too, The Surprise didn't really come off like a finale...

Correct me if I'm wrong, but have the Monogatari light novels ever been translated into English? Would love if someone picked those up for a Western/UK release.

I agree with Vox, an eleventh (technically twelfth since the surprise was originally in two parts) Haruhi novel. I'd also love to see the Baccano! light novels get translated.

VoxPhantom said:
I'd like to see the Shana novel translations finished, they were a fun read.

Oh yeah! I have the first two. I got lucky and bought them just before they became hard to find. They had a very nice release. I'm certainly interested in those. Does anyone know how far the manga continued? I know 1-6 were released over here.

Lutga said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but have the Monogatari light novels ever been translated into English? Would love if someone picked those up for a Western/UK release.

I've never heard of them being translated here so I don't think so. I've only just bought the Bakemonogatari anime and watched the first 3 episodes so I'm not very familiar with the series yet. How is it?

Yukifan said:
I agree with Vox, an eleventh (technically twelfth since the surprise was originally in two parts) Haruhi novel. I'd also love to see the Baccano! light novels get translated.

Has Haruhi finished in light novel format? It's a series I'd love to give a go. I've not read many light novels. I have the first two Shana, SAO and Index.

Baccano! would be a great choice. I'd also like to see Zaregoto continued one day.

As for manga continuations, I've always been annoyed when a series fails one volume from the end like Walkin' Butterfly, and those like Suppli which weren't much better off.

And Gintama needs to be in the US Shounen Jump. It's been gone too long.

R

@Lutga - No, they haven't. Del Rey released the first 2 of Nisioisin's Zaregoto series years ago, but that's the only Nisioisin prose to make it in English as far as I'm aware. Speaking of Nisioisin, I'd love to read the Katanagatari novels in English. I really enjoyed the anime.

Are there Haruhi novels which haven't been translated? I was under the assumption that Yen had caught up with the Japanese release.

I'd definitely like to see Sakamichi no Apollon released in English as well. I really enjoyed the anime.

The dropped licenses I'd most like to see continued are Nodame Cantabile and Drops of God. A girl can dream....

My license wishlist is pretty long, but at the top is Ai Yazawa's back catalogue. I wish Viz would either release it themselves or let someone else release it. This is why I hate monopolies.

PandoraHane said:
Has Haruhi finished in light novel format? It's a series I'd love to give a go.
st_owly said:
Are there Haruhi novels which haven't been translated? I was under the assumption that Yen had caught up with the Japanese release.

All the Haruhi novels that have been released in Japan have been released in English by Yen - I do recommend giving the series a try, but as I mentioned earlier, the ending doesn't feel like a proper conclusion, so I live in hope that we'll see further novels written.

I've got them all. I've read them all except Surprise. Just been too busy to read much lately.

I may well give them a try when I've finished a few more series. I want to read more light novels where they are available. If it's not too much trouble, would anyone be able to list the order of the novels?

Another series I would love to see is the No.6 light novels. The manga was one of my favourite of this year and I've came across some excerpts from the novels online and it sounds wonderful. I feel like there may be some good hope for it since, well to me anyway, it seemed the manga did very well. Especially for not being a 'big' series.

PandoraHane said:
I may well give them a try when I've finished a few more series. I want to read more light novels where they are available. If it's not too much trouble, would anyone be able to list the order of the novels?

Another series I would love to see is the No.6 light novels. The manga was one of my favourite of this year and I've came across some excerpts from the novels online and it sounds wonderful. I feel like there may be some good hope for it since, well to me anyway, it seemed the manga did very well. Especially for not being a 'big' series.

Here's the list/order of Haruhi novels > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ha ... ght_novels

PandoraHane said:
Your Lie in April has been licensed by Kodansha!! :D That's one down from my list on here.
Might start following this when it comes out, I've really been enjoying the anime!

VoxPhantom said:
PandoraHane said:
Your Lie in April has been licensed by Kodansha!! :D That's one down from my list on here.
Might start following this when it comes out, I've really been enjoying the anime!

The anime is wonderful! I'm a few episodes behind due to my laptop not letting me use Crunchyroll atm but it's one of my favourites this season. Next spring it's due to start being released it said. That's really soon. So happy!

Let's see if someone gets Yona now.

I'd really like to see Gen Urobuchi's Fate/Zero light novels localised. There's only four of them, so it would be less of a risk than Yen Press' A Certain Magical Index release. Although if I remember correctly, didn't Urobuchi once say that he'd prefer it if the Fate/stay night visual novel was localised first?

I'd also like to see Sadanatsu Anda's Kokoro Connect light novel series released, especially as it's highly unlikely that we'll see a second anime season. Ichiei Ishibumi's High School DxD light novels could be fun too, but I do wonder if a series like that could maintain audience attention for more than 19 novels.

And yes, I definitely want the Shakugan no Shana release to be completed. I actually passed my English A-Level by comparing the first novel to Wuthering Heights! What annoyed me even more, was how Viz Media also discontinued the manga once it had reached the same point in the story that the light novels had.

Perhaps if the manga of Fate/Zero does well we may see it. Didn't Dark Horse get the rights to that? Four volumes sounds a good amount to me. I'd really like to see the visual novel localised for Fate/stay night. I'm surprised it hasn't been, though visual novels in general seem to be gaining a little bit of momentum just recently.

I've got the first volume of the Kokoro Connect manga and it made me realise how hard it is to show who is in which body in that format. I imagine it would be easier to represent in written format. I'm still hurting over no Taichi and Iori even though I can see how good it is he is with Inaba. Despite that, I adore the series and would love to read the light novels too.

Viz have a few things it would be great for them to pick back up where they left off. There's always hope!

Last edited by a moderator:

PandoraHane said:
Perhaps if the manga of Fate/Zero does well we may see it. Didn't Dark Horse get the rights to that?

They have the manga rights and not the original light novel.

Yes, that's what I meant :) thank you! I thought I remembered reading it was licensed but wasn't sure I was right with Dark Horse.

Basilisk would be great
Baccono novel would be great
HOTD..... IF IT FINISHED IT'S MANGA

Back