Manga-ka in trouble for plagiarism

Miaka-chan

Stand User
Never thought I'd ever see something like this!
I mean, I'm sure a lot of manga creators borrow one or two ideas, but to actually copy the scenes is a bit much!
Check out the side-by-side scans and the super imposed scans!

She could have at least changed them a little bit. I'm sure this is due to pure laziness, she could have easily researced it on the internet and found images of real basketball players to copy. She could even have written "parody of Slam Dunk" but I guess Flower of Eden isn't that knind of manga.

All in all it was a silly thing to do and it may have ruined her career.

GOOD GRAVY! This is certainly a shock! Surely she could have predicted that somebody would have figured that out eventually?! Tsk tsk. Some people eh? (although having said that, the amount of times I've been tempted with plagerism is embarrassing! I just never thought the professionals did it too!)

The thing I find amazing is how can someone think they can get away with it, especially when its as blatantly obvious as that :lol:

Saying that its plagerism is all very well, but if you look at some of the other comparsion pics people have posted this occours in a hell of a lot of manga that has the same genre. I mean theres only so many things you can draw for a pose. While she has evidently admitted copying things here, there are many many manga that have a lot of similarities in poses.

Mangaminx said:
Saying that its plagerism is all very well, but if you look at some of the other comparsion pics people have posted this occours in a hell of a lot of manga that has the same genre. I mean theres only so many things you can draw for a pose. While she has evidently admitted copying things here, there are many many manga that have a lot of similarities in poses.

Thats a pretty good point, there are only a number of poses you expect to see in these sport manga, especially basketball. But still I guess it was a stupid thing to do...

Wow, it's unbelievable that they are pretty much exactly the same, i think it was a pretty stupid thing to do, as Chibi Yosho said, she could have got different pictures off the internet of real Basketball players. But i do feel really sorry for her, i mean her manga has been withdraw and her career could be ruined. Plagiarism goes on in the world, granted not always as obviously as that, but i don't think they should go too hard on her

I feel sorry for her, as Charter Mage says above; she doesn't deserve to have her whole career ruined. It was a stupid thing to do, she could use Slam Dunk for inspiration, but to completely copy it is something that could easily be found out by someone with a fondness for both manga.

Dito, this is all a bit harsh. she has admitted to some of the acusations, and as others say the fact her career could now be ruined is pritty harsh. im sure it happends all the time, but then again to copy the exact scene.... she could have changed it even if only slightly..

To me Sports anime sucks so why anybody would want to copy it is beyond me haha. But on a more serios note ending somebodys career isnt good but a slap on the wrists possibly a fine is a good idea.

Back