Manga Girls would like to speak to students for an article

Hiya folks

As many of you will know, I'm in the midst of writing articles for my final journalism project at university. I am writing a big article about student finances and rather than going down the student debt road, I would like to speak to six students about what advice they would give to this years students.

Ideally, I would like to speak to any of the following:
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd year university students
- Recent graduates who are entering or about to enter the job market
- Student currently working for a year as part of their course (I'd like to know if working has changed your approach to student finances.)
- Just to make things a little bit interesting, I'd also like to talk to someone who will be going to university this autumn to find out what they would like to know.

What I would like to do is grab half an hour of your time to do a telephone interview or if you live in or close to London, I'm happy to do an interview face to face.

If you would like to take part, please post a comment below or drop me a PM. Your help would be greatly appreciated!

Kindest wishes,

M.G xx

Was about to reply offering my services til I did the math and worked out I left uni 5 years ago.

Please people help out M.G.

Sure i left back in june after three years (got a 3rd Result -_- but i've been told that few people look at what you actually got)

Not sure i can help with the entering the job market bit since i'm currently aiming to get onto a fellwoship scheme run by the uni, but i'll help anyway i can :)

Tachi- said:
Blackwolfs recently left ;)

Ha jokes on you i was going to volunteer anyway :p

BlackWolf said:
Sure i left back in june after three years (got a 3rd Result -_- but i've been told that few people look at what you actually got)

Not sure i can help with the entering the job market bit since i'm currently aiming to get onto a fellwoship scheme run by the uni, but i'll help anyway i can :)

Tachi- said:
Blackwolfs recently left ;)

Ha jokes on you i was going to volunteer anyway :p

:p good good :thumb:

(dropped you a comment on your chatbox btw)

LukasROAR said:
I've just left and would be more than happy to help out. I commuted for three years don't know if that counts me out?

same, i would imagine it would count you know for the fact we had to budget for transport fees (god knows how much i spent a year on bus fees :roll: )

BlackWolf said:
LukasROAR said:
I've just left and would be more than happy to help out. I commuted for three years don't know if that counts me out?

same, i would imagine it would count you know for the fact we had to budget for transport fees (god knows how much i spent a year on bus fees :roll: )

*shakes fist*
Bloody bus fees

Bus fees are going to be my biggest expense this year (excluding rent money). The bus I'm going to use takes over an hour to get to the college.

I was a student a couple of years ago, but I dropped out. Even though I'm taking another stab at full-time education, I don't think I qualify. I hope your project goes well MG.

I'm just starting second year in september(so long as i do well in my only resit next month) so i could help out, sure, only problem is work has me up to the neck with hours, what with 40+ a week, i don't get much time, i'll get back to you probably via PM as soon as, for if and/or when i can give you a hand.

BlackWolf/LucasROAR - Thanks for offering to help out. I will PM you both shortly about the interviews, but thankyou kindly for offering to help out.

Arbalest - No worries I can email you the questions in that case.

Folks: If anyone else would like to take part, please get in touch, as I am still looking for more people.

M.G xx

Back