Manga Entertainment Brings Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers to the UK for Home Video!

N

NormanicGrav

It’s nearly time for the new adaptation of Saban’s Power Rangers but now Manga Entertainment have stepped up their game with a very special license.

In the past Manga Entertainment have put out a couple live-action titles every now and then, but this is a first where we witness an American adaptation of a Japanese TV Show arrive into their catalogue!

“Another fantastic franchise to add to our ever expanding catalogue of successful brands,” said Andrew Hewson, Marketing Manager at Manga UK. “This is an amazing opportunity for us to work closely with Saban Brands to bring this iconic and much beloved franchise to UK fans!”

That’s right. Saban’s Power Rangers has been licensed by Manga Entertainment and will be coming to UK home video starting this April on DVD in complete season sets. The license covers the first 1993 series Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, the 2015 series Power Rangers Dino Charge and its second season Dino Super Charge.

Power-Rangers-Mighty-Morphin-2-1024x700.jpg

Power Rangers became a phenomenon and a global sensation across the 90s and beyond, bringing multiple seasons to children’s programming and tons of toys and figurines. The franchise is even notable for using various footage from the Japanese Super Sentai series broadcasted from Toei Animation (most notably the 1992 series Kyōryū Sentai Zyuranger) as its main source for many of the franchise’s origins and battles that we have grown to recognise. Toei did eventually release the original Japanese show that the first season of Power Rangers localised under the name Galaxy Rangers.

Existing fans and even newcomers to the franchise can now relive the origin of the well beloved Power Rangers franchise thanks to Manga Entertainment. IT’S MORPHIN TIME!

Saban’s Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
In 1993 two unsuspecting astronauts unleashed the greatest evil Earth had ever known: the heinous witch Rita Repulsa. In the 20 years since, with each new villain more sinister than the last, the citizens of Earth have relied on the Power Rangers to protect them. As a superhero team comprising “teenagers with attitude”, the Power Rangers must use their individual strengths combined with the virtue of teamwork to vanquish their foes, keeping Earth safe for another day.

Power Rangers Dino Charge
Millions of years ago, an intergalactic bounty hunter named Sledge tried desperately to capture the 10 mysterious Energems, each capable of filling whomever possessed them with incredible powers. Keeper, the wise and ancient guardian of the Energems, entrusted each Energem to the Earth’s mightiest beasts, the dinosaurs, for protection. Centuries later after the dinosaurs went extinct, some of the Energems were discovered by humans. Those who proved worthy gained the ability to morph into Power Rangers. But now, Sledge has returned and has vowed to capture the Energems at all costs. It is up to the Power Rangers Dino Charge to hunt down the rest of the Energems and defeat Sledge once and for all!

Power Rangers Dino Super Charge
The Power Rangers continue their search for the Energems after Sledge’s defeat, but soon learn that his most dangerous prisoner, the evil Heckyl, survived! In light of this new threat, Kendall creates a powerful new Dino Charger that unlocks the Red Ranger’s T-Rex Super Charge mode! It will take every Zord, Megazord, and Dino Charger in the Power Rangers’ arsenal to finally unite all ten Energems and save the universe!

Power-Rangers-Mighty-Morphin-3.jpg

Continue reading...

Dino Charge/Super Charge is really very good. The best Power Rangers series in years.

MMPR is awful though (especially in the later stages)...it's aged really, really badly. The nostalgia is still there, but I couldn't seriously recommend it to anyone unless they ironically like really bad nostalgia stuff.

If DC got a BD release, I'd probably buy it. I wouldn't bother with DVDs when it's all in HD on Netflix though.

Guess this is to cash-in with the new movie coming out soon. I was a huge fan of this when I was 7 years old. I am no longer 7 years old.

Back