UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

If it's anything like the transfers used on the Funimation website, both CLANNAD and K-On! are using the 2011 & 2012 authored versions which are... not well-received.

Oh I was about to say I might have gotten K-on and Haruhi. What was wrong with K-On do you know?
K-On! on Funimation's streaming service used the Bandai Entertainment discs and Sentai collection discs which are watchable but not great - I can't exactly remember the specifics but the audio was one problem. Sentai re-authored the entire franchise for their Ultimate Collection release which is much better and also includes those K-On! shorts that weren't in the previous English releases.

I think Haruhi for £21 is the big surprise (watch it change). Preordered as Ill easily pay that just for the film shame not the shorts or disapperance of Nagato Yuki-Chan so my US Set stays.

And RIP Free, Nichijou, Hyouka and of course the masterpiece Myraid Colors Phantom World

Manga has said that they are going to rescue Hyouka in 2021.
Manga is also interested in releasing Nichijou as well.
It's just Free that it's sports anime limbo hell along with Haikyuu

Good thing that they aren't just releasing new Funi shows like Sorcerous Stabber Orphen, and Case File no221 Kabukicho

Oh, Hyouka gets rescued? That's nice, still my favorite all time anime out there by a far margin.

Wonder how it will look like, just a exact replica of funi's or AL's. Because if it's not I already know I probably will dip it again against better knowledge just for the heck of it, and I have too many copies/editions already. 😂

Oh, Hyouka gets rescued? That's nice, still my favorite all time anime out there by a far margin.

Wonder how it will look like, just a exact replica of funi's or AL's. Because if it's not I already know I probably will dip it again against better knowledge just for the heck of it, and I have too many copies/editions already. 😂

I imagine at this point it'll just match Funi's release.

I'm interested in Nichijou. I have K-On ultimate from Sentai and Haruhi box from Funimation (with movie etc). Of course also really want to get Sound Euphonium S2 :)

So Haruhi S1 has gone to Manga now, after so long with AL sitting on it and doing nothing. glad it's getting a UK release on BD, I'll pick it up just for the movie at that price.

Yeah I'm glad AL are starting to pick up the pace on getting their licenses out but they are pretty bad at just sitting on things like Turn A Gundam, hell they are still sitting on a number of them like Lupin III part 5 which I really want.

Yeah I'm glad AL are starting to pick up the pace on getting their licenses out but they are pretty bad at just sitting on things like Turn A Gundam, hell they are still sitting on a number of them like Lupin III part 5 which I really want.
AL won't release Lupin until after Discotek have released it in the US. Seems to be an obvious case of having a hold back on it considering its been dubbed.

Back