UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

does anyone know how long generally the funi/manga releases are available with slipcovers? and i guess if any have lost them, i think they may have started around the early part of last year, one of the first releases i can remember is My Hero Academia S3P1 and that was back in may 2019

Probably around 9 months or a year before they start selling them without slipcovers unless your Dragon Ball Super or MHA where the slipcover versions are gone 6 to 8 months in.
I recommend just getting the complete Season 3 collection if you haven't got season 3.

I usually tend to my FuniManga releases with slipcovers as much as I can.
They just look so nice on a shelve :)

The only titles I recall that have lost their slipcovers recently are Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress, Mob Psycho 100, My Hero Academia Season 1 & Season 3, and That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Part 1.

- Release Date changes

2htRt1ol.png

Not much of a difference? :/
Could just have been because it was on such a big screen but to my eyes I couldn't see much difference over the blu ray.
Some colours like blood towards the beginning looked far too bright, but the last 30 - 40 mins looked far more muted and sharper.
Again I'm not an expert with these things just my opinion. Personally I Won't be dropping £50 when I've still got the Steelbook from a few years ago and the artbook that came with the manga collection 🤷‍♂️

i noticed the complete edition of My Hero Academia S2 disappeared from the Manga blogpost with all the dates, even tried asking about it and got no reply within the last couple hours

i hope it didn't get cancelled in favour of the 1-3 boxset cause i already sold my 2 parts for pretty much the same price i paid for S2

i noticed the complete edition of My Hero Academia S2 disappeared from the Manga blogpost with all the dates, even tried asking about it and got no reply within the last couple hours

i hope it didn't get cancelled in favour of the 1-3 boxset cause i already sold my 2 parts for pretty much the same price i paid for S2
It's not cancelled. They were even promoting it on Twitter a few hours ago lol.

Do we know if the Manga release will retain it?

It's not upscaled - it's a 4K restoration from a 5K scan. Unfortunately, by all accounts it's been overly DNRed but I'm still tempted to get it for the HDR grade

Yeah, its more than just an upscale. They've gone in and completely cleaned up the film with a lot of DNR and increased the colours and made it a lot sharper. You can tell a lot of the difference by looking at the new trailer and an old one.

Old trailer for Eng dub -

New 4K trailer -

I could tell a massive difference at the cinema, and honestly I prefer the charm of the old, more muted look.

Back