UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Wow, Wicked City is straight out of the late night Sci-Fi Channel times, and very memorable for probably the wrong reasons. Still, it's a throwback I'll probably pick up!

1) There are two LE versions; one that will be readily available (the booklet ver.) and a HMV exclusive version (the poster ver.)
2) Discotek discs

I've actually asked Manga on their Twitter if they'll be using Discotek's discs for their release or if it's a new author, but I haven't received a response.

Just curious, where did you get the confirmation about this?

I've actually asked Manga on their Twitter if they'll be using Discotek's discs for their release or if it's a new author, but I haven't received a response.

Just curious, where did you get the confirmation about this?
I asked Manga's PR directly earlier, same with the BBFC status. I also double checked the standard edition disc count because some folks were freaking out, both the HMV site and Manga's own product listing mentions 2 discs.

i wonder if there will be a rotateable reverse cover, wouldn't mind getting the LE for the booklet but when it comes to 1 case v 2 cases i'll be aiming for the regular edition to save shelf space

yes, I'll take a booklet over folded poster anytime. So is that going to be an o-card slipcover over a rigid box on the LE version, seeing as there is text at the bottom and Blu-ray band at the top?

never seen Wicked City itvwas a bit before my time. Is it any good?
it's actually the better of the 2, wicked city is very much the sleeper hit of that time, the UK dub, is very sweary, as it was '18ed' because the sales of Urotsukidoji, so Manga decided to play to the audience but even with that, it's surprising how well it's aged, it still holds up to todays artwork and stories.
Demon city Shinjuku/Monster city. holds just as high regard from the era of VHS anime,
Worth a buy,

According to Justin Sevakis on the Blu-ray forum, it seems that the upcoming release of Wicked City and Demon City Shinjuku are not his discs (the Discotek release), and the discs are done by Manga.

I asked Manga's PR directly earlier, same with the BBFC status. I also double checked the standard edition disc count because some folks were freaking out, both the HMV site and Manga's own product listing mentions 2 discs.
If you speak to people from Manga again, can you ask them to update the Cannon Busters Kickstarter

Their " Please keep an eye out for the next reward update in the coming days very soon" update from June 7 2018 suggests there will be an update very soon, so far its been 2 years without another update and nearly 5 years past the due date.

Yeh, it was for a Pilot episode to sell the idea to investors, it has license restrictions and NDA's meaning it very likley wouldn't have been released in 2015. But my issue is total silence for 2 years, come back and say they will update, then go back to total silence. MakeStuff are impossible to contact so... Manga UK it is

If thats possible then thanks Grav

Before anyone says Manga UK isn't involved in Cannon Busters:
1601673043362.png

1601672896857.png

According to Justin Sevakis on the Blu-ray forum, it seems that the upcoming release of Wicked City and Demon City Shinjuku are not his discs (the Discotek release), and the discs are done by Manga.

(insert Buzz hmm picture here)

That's interesting (contradicts what I was told but it's Sevakis so I trust him on this case). I'm going to demote my priority on this release until the disc reviews come in that case.

If you speak to people from Manga again, can you ask them to update the Cannon Busters Kickstarter

Their " Please keep an eye out for the next reward update in the coming days very soon" update from June 7 2018 suggests there will be an update very soon, so far its been 2 years without another update and nearly 5 years past the due date.

Yeh, it was for a Pilot episode to sell the idea to investors, it has license restrictions and NDA's meaning it very likley wouldn't have been released in 2015. But my issue is total silence for 2 years, come back and say they will update, then go back to total silence. MakeStuff are impossible to contact so... Manga UK it is

If thats possible then thanks Grav

Before anyone says Manga UK isn't involved in Cannon Busters:
I'll try but won't guarantee it'll work.

(insert Buzz hmm picture here)

That's interesting (contradicts what I was told but it's Sevakis so I trust him on this case). I'm going to demote my priority on this release until the disc reviews come in that case.

I'm still going to go ahead with my pre-order. Lately, I've noticed that Manga have had a few decent self-authored releases, so who knows, maybe Wicked City and Demon City Shinjuku will be problem free.

So I bought the Danmachi movie upon release and noticed it didn't have the digital edition advertised on the front slip. I contacted Manga and fair play to them they apologized and put it down to human error. I then noticed that the release was unavailable on Amazon for a week or two.
Cut forward to the other day and I spotted it in HMV but now with out a slip! I thought no way they've sold through to a second print run. Makes sense that they'd get rid of it as its the only part that says it includes a digital copy.
Mentioned it to my brother as he full on OCD has to have the slip and he ordered from Amazon. Came today with no slip too.

TL;DR
If you collect releases with the O card slip cover and you spot the Danmachi movie one in the wild snap it up as the rest of the have most likely been destroyed.

does anyone know how long generally the funi/manga releases are available with slipcovers? and i guess if any have lost them, i think they may have started around the early part of last year, one of the first releases i can remember is My Hero Academia S3P1 and that was back in may 2019

Back