UK Anime Distributor Crunchyroll/Funimation/Manga UK Discussion Thread

Yes also got a shipping confirmation for Shield Hero Part One & Two CE's, shipped together with Ushio & Tora CE, King's Game CE and Gundam 00 Part 2 which I've ordered all together some time ago.

Only Dragon Dentist CE is missing.

Did anyone order shield hero limited edition from Zavvi?

They sell both Part 1 and 2 but part 1 has the wrong image for some reason. I asked them in the chat right now and he said that it's the regular version but that can't be true right since its 48,99 and the regular is 28,99 on the site. I don't get it and I don't want to get fooled so I canceled the order 🤔

Yes also got a shipping confirmation for Shield Hero Part One & Two CE's, shipped together with Ushio & Tora CE, King's Game CE and Gundam 00 Part 2 which I've ordered all together some time ago.

Only Dragon Dentist CE is missing.
Had a chat to Martin yesterday about many things.
Dragon dentist is held up with AL at the moment, he doesn't know when it will be arriving, so hold on, it is still coming.

Looks like MangaUK Q4 announcement has been pushed back to Monday
What series are you looking forward to seeing in the UK?
Dr. STONE, especially after Funimation revealed the limited edition for the set. Also some more Isekai titles that Funimation picked up last year (ARIFURETA is a guilty pleasure, Cautious Hero is a fun series - even Japan is having fun with the artwork on the JP release).

Dr Stone is certainly coming here.
Not sure about ARIFURETA and Sarazanmai.
UK needs Takagi greatness so close of getting the essential release at this point.
Personally don't mind a UK copy of Hina and Chio.

I’m looking to free oh no, Sarazanmai oh no, nothing. I would like a K-ON BD but that’s an old manga title there’s no funi title I want That I haven’t imported
Sarazanmai was skipped for Q3 in favour of demon lord retry which is a choice.
Stars Align I would like as it’s a show I buy a UK release but not import because of the ending
Sarazanmai may get lucky this time since Kunihiko Ikuhara's Utena sold nicely in the UK then again it's AL not Manga.
Won't have high hopes

Looks like MangaUK Q4 announcement has been pushed back to Monday
What series are you looking forward to seeing in the UK?
I'm with Grav on Arifureta & Cautious Hero being guilty pleasures. Would be nice if they raided the back catalogue of titles from before they Funi / Manga fusion like: DxD NEW, Date A Live, Deathmarch, and Recovery of an MMO Junkie.
I think Dr. Stone & MHA season 4 are 100% though.

Oh and super guilty pleasure, A Sister's All You Need. I refuse to apologise. 😂

Last edited:
I know it's pretty unlikely but I'd like to see them pick up Boogiepop and Others. More realistically I'd expect Kemono Michi, Dr STONE and BOFURI.
BOFURI has a greater chance as it's one of the most popular shows of 2020, especially in Winter. I suspect they'll grab it for Q1 (it's a Kadokawa title also so it may take a little longer).

Boogiepop and Others was great (slow but solid) and Kemono Michi: Rise Up is underappreciated.

Back